We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Network - how to check in online?

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Flight Network - how to check in online?

Hello,

I have a Flight Network ticket to fly from Ottawa, Canada to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The flight is composed of Air Canada from Ottawa to Heathrow, then Turkish Air the rest of the way, and vice-versa on the return journey.

I am wondering how, or even if it's possible, to check in online for both airlines? Flight network gave ma a booking reference code, and I can use that on their site to select my seats for the Air Canada portion. However, they don't give me the option to select seats for the Turkish portion of the flights.

I can't tell yet if the same reference will work on the individual airlines' websites either because the flight is still a week off, and I'd rather not find out in the last 24 hours that I can't check in online for the Turkish flights.

Both Turkish and Air Canada are Star Alliance, which I thought should mean I can check in for the whole flight, at least one-way at a time, i.e. all the way from Ottawa to Addis.

Any advice on what the procedure is to check in from Ottawa right through to Addis so I can a) pick my seats all the way through, and b) have my baggage checked right through?

Thanks!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Network - how to check in online?

I suspect you cannot check in online. I had a similar situation with a ticket booked through an agent.

UK
Level Contributor
330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Network - how to check in online?

You could try looking at your booking on checkmytrip.com - it may give you the Turkish airlines reference number.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Network - how to check in online?

Hello Ssilk_13,

My name is Kiersten and I am in the Customer Care department at Flight Network. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to assist you.

Kindly email your booking details to customercare@flightnetwork.com and I would be happy to guide you and answer any questions you have about your booking.

Kind Regards,

Kiersten

Ottawa, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Network - how to check in online?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the tips. I actually called Flight Network to get some more details on this issue. After talking to them, I realized that the confirmation numbers for the individual airlines (AC and Turkish) were provided in the e-ticket PDF from Flight Network. They also assured me that when I check-in for my first flight through Air Canada, my baggage will be checked through with Turkish Air to Addis. I'm still not clear at what point, if any, I will be able to actually pick a seat for Turkish, but I'm hoping that since they're both Star Alliance, AC will be able to pick seats for me when I check in.

I'll provide an update after my trip.

5. Re: Flight Network - how to check in online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:54 am, April 11, 2014
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Network - how to check in online?

Oh Gerrard, you haven't learned have you. Yet another advertizing post for a hotels site thinly disguised as a rant about air travel.

Reported, again.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Network - how to check in online?

Resurrecting a dead thread while he's at it ...

8. Re: Flight Network - how to check in online?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 13, 2015