We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

Boston...
Level Contributor
228 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

I just logged onto Alitalia's website and could not believe the way it is set up. It absolutely sucks. It appears to have been designed by a high school kid. After about 15 minutes trying to get prices for a multi city trip, I gave up. It is totally counterintuitive.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

Yes I see what you mean perhaps released a tad too soon

They do appear to sell multi internal flight tickets but unfortunately they haven't converted that section of the website to english yet!

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,278 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

I would say that their IT Dept launched the website too soon. The design itself is not bad, but they are missing some essential pages (such as the "multiple lag" and "award ticket" pages that are linked to from the booking panel).

Providence, Rhode...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

The website is horrible, as half of it doesn't work. It apparently was not tested. I couldn't even send a message to Customer Service to let them know, as the "send" button didn't do anything! I was also trying to purchase a multiple leg ticket, and could only select the first part of the trip. The "continue" button also doesn't do anything! I don't find the organization to be very good either - it took me a long time to find anywhere that allowed a multiple leg trip. On their former website, you could click right to it from the home page. On pretty much every airline's website, you can click to it from the home page. Extremely disappointing. Not an improvement in any way. I wonder how long it will take to fix? It's been two days already.

Edited: 1:11 pm, April 22, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

If you think their website is bad, you should try flying with them,,,," horrible" does not cover it.

Boston...
Level Contributor
228 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

Thanks for the encouragement.....I will be heading to Italy with my wife in two weeks on Alitalia.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

Sorry, i was not aware of that, you could have been trying to book, which your comments on pricing indicated, but I can't lie to you. They are one of the worst I have ever flown with. You could not pay me to go long haul with them.

Just do a search on this forum.

Boston...
Level Contributor
228 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

Unfortunately, my options for a direct flight are rather limited....I did buy the delux economy seats for our night flight, so we will have a little etra room and I have no difficulty sleeping. As long as we get to our destination, I will be satisfied. I don't have any expectations.

Davis, California
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

The website is horrible, I agree, and I cannot understand how it is possible they are not fixing it yet.

As for the service on board, I cannot disagree more with you: Alitalia has improved their service on board a lot in the last couple of years. Almost all long-haul aircraft are brand new now (and the others have been entirely refurnished, with the exception of two old ex-AirOne A330) and the service on board has improved a lot. Food is much better than many other airlines. However, the selection of wines sucks in economy class.

The Magnifica (businessfirst) class is really a gem. Awesome service. The Economy Plus really nice (I tried it two weeks ago for the first time), with good service, larger and more comfortable seats, customized menu and nice amenities. The regular Economy seats are nice and very modern on the A330, tiny and nothing special on the B777.

The ground services are still bad: the airport of Rome is a mess. This is the main problem of this airline, in my opinion.

Edited: 6:52 am, April 27, 2013
Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,415 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

Just tried to access the website and my computer "froze"!!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alitalia "new and mimproved" website

Yes, the service has definitely got better since they were taken over a few years ago but the problem I have is that for us flying from Milan we always have to go via Rome which is normally a nightmare. Anyway as far as the website is concerned it works for me in Italian so it's probably the english version that they still have to sort out.