We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch API query

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch API query

Recently booked package holiday through co-op travel agent to Malaga. They used Fleix trip, when I asked do i need add API details to Monarch website, they said no need to input ,if we book for package holiday through travel agent, is it true? The staff quite helpful go to Monarch website to check is it able to input the API details although we have a booking reference but without the email address(explain this is fleix trip email for the booking, they don't know) so we can't do it online. She also go to flex trip to check, the website said easyjet and thomas cook airline need input API online but not mentioned Monarch.

Just worry in case airline reject because we have not add API details. Please advise.

thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,257 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch API query

<<they said no need to input ,if we book for package holiday through travel agent, is it true?>>

No. It makes no difference what you book.

Monarch website says

"Charter & Inclusive Tour Flights - Please contact the Tour Operator that you are booked with. Note that you will need to have your booking reference available" and "Ideally you should have provided you API by no later than a week prior to travel."

As you've booked through an agent, I would get them to ring FlexibleTrips (which is what they should have done in the first place) and ask them about it.

You probably will be able to submit it at check in, but your agent should be doing their job properly, and finding out.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch API query

thanks. for safe side I emailed to Monarch normally wait 3-4 days get the reply.

2 staffs from Co-op travel told me the same answer, normally they are quite good knowledge. I wait for the reply first, if come up say need input API I will go back to travel agent and ask them call to Flexible trip in front of me to find out my query, for the time being, just wait until get the reply from airline but if anyone get the experience please let me know here too

thanks

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,257 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch API query

Monarch will probably take it from you at check in, but Co-op are way wrong if they say you don't need to because you've booked a package through a travel agent. I doubt they actually believe that, so they could at least be honest with you.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch API query

all done now. Call to Monarch early, do it on the phone.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,257 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch API query

Glad you've got it sorted out.

westgate on sea
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch API query

I have booked flight and hotel in Turkey in June, through Travel Republic.I queried with them the fact that i couldnt put API into their website and they rang me to say it wasnt necessary on this flight and to be it at airport. Should i contact Monarch direct to confirm this? Already had prob trying to pre book seats - impossible as flight is booked through thrid party - Teletickets and they cant release booking ref as it is block booking and will not be complying with Data Protection Act. Also i believe that passenger details wont go to Monarch until 2 weeks before flight, so i guess its pointless at this stageto try to give them any advanced info.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,257 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch API query

API has to be given for all flights. I'd ring Monarch to check whether they need it in advance, and if so, the best way of doing it. Once they have your booking details they'll probably take it over the phone, like they did for steplulu. Travel Republic should be checking for you, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Better to deal with it yourself.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch API query

jennep22

my flight in June seems Monarch have my ref on the system. I have my airline ref on my confirmation, not sure do you have one from travel republic. You might call Monarch explain your booking through third party to find out what they can help you. When I spoke to them today, they also ask me need any pre book seat, of course you need to pay extra, I guess.

westgate on sea
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch API query

thank you for quick response, TR did raise the API query for me and came back to me telling me that for this flight it could be sone atcheck in. This is all so alien to me as iusually book direct and am in total control, wont do it this way again. I will ring Monarch this week and ask them direct about API xx

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Monarch API query

Glad I can help. that's why we all here raise the query or helping the others.

cheers