We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LHR to BKK upgrade bid

Howden, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
LHR to BKK upgrade bid

Austrian Airlines have brought in a 'bid for an upgrade' scheme similiar to other airlines. I am flying from London to Bangkok in August for my honeymoon and would love to go business class. I paid £600 for my return flight and the business class option was £2200 at the time. We just want to uograde on the flight out from Vienna to Bangkok. Anyone have any idea of how much we should bid? I was thinking in the region of £600. I have researched what people have paid for similiar upgrades on Eithad but their flights were all generally shorter by 2000 miles.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LHR to BKK upgrade bid

The distance doesn't really make any difference as far as the cost would be.

I would work out what its worth it to you, and bid around that figure.

re your bid, was that just for one way or both ways, and per person? Your number seems reasonable to me, eg I'd pay £1200 for that trip, return, BUT if its £600each way you are paying £1800 in total, which isnt much discount of £2200.

Howden, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LHR to BKK upgrade bid

Yes bid would be £600 one way from Vienna to bangkok and per person. Just want to bid enough that we don't lose out.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LHR to BKK upgrade bid

The only way you can be SURE of not missing out, is to just buy an upgrade. To me, £600 per person seems quite high, but I don't work in revenue management at AA nor do I know how many others are bidding!

Though my entirely uneducated guess would be that most would be bidding considerably lower hoping they would get lucky, so you stand a very good chance.

Good luck ! (And do report back please)

Howden, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LHR to BKK upgrade bid

We bid £450 each and got the upgrade. It was fantastic and I was blown away by the level or service and thr wonderfull food. Coming back we bid £300 each but was not excepted.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LHR to BKK upgrade bid

Thanks for the update and glad you got such a cheap upgrade.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,738 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LHR to BKK upgrade bid

Good result-shame about the return sector After you have experienced "up front" it is hard to accept steerage again.

It is really great when a poster comes back with their experiences,such a change from the many Exocets who can't be bothered.

SS

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,685 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LHR to BKK upgrade bid

Agree ;-) Really appreciate when people take the time to report back.

8. Re: LHR to BKK upgrade bid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 26, 2014