We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa to Germanwings

Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Topic
Lufthansa to Germanwings

Lufthansa are transferring some of their routes to Germanwings? Does that mean they'll operate like a low cost carrier, parking at remote stands which take ages to walk to and having to walk on the Tarmac and up the stairs onto the plane etc?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
9 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

It probably does mean that, and I am already very angry with Lufthansa for transferring part of our flight from the UK to Bucharest to Germanwings. We paid for Lufthansa service but instead we have been allocated seats which are not next to each other and we will have a much smaller hand baggage allowance. What is worse is that it seems impossible to cancel the booking!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,569 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

If you travel by Lufthansa itself, at many European airports the plane will be some distance from the terminal and buses will be used for passenger transport.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

Lufthansa and Germanwings allow one piece hand baggage up to 8 kg each. Why is your allowance much smaller at Germanwings?

rvk
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

Does anyone know how to CONTACT German Wings. I don't want to call, at the prices they charge, and I have a very simple question to ask (I want to change 1 ticket in a booking, but in my online booking I only seem to be able to change all 3 tickets in the booking) - I have written 4 times over the past week to their on-line email and the do not answer! I think that is terrible! - And the ticket I wanted to change into has doubled in price over this week!

Any advice?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

I would google 'Germanwings contact' and then click on the first link.

Then I'd either choose the number of the various countries on offer or complete their email contact form.

rvk
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

I have completed their email contact form 4 times this past week: No reply.

I found this email adress: Buchungsinfo <buchungsinfo@germanwings.com>

An automatic reply tells me they will respond ... in the next four weeks!

Finally I got a feedback from their Facebook Page!

My simple question was: I have a booking for 3 tickets on the 17/7. I want to change the date of ONE of the three tickets. That is not possible in "my bookings" on their website.

Today (after trying to reach them for a whole week!), the Facebook answer tells me I have to call the customer service to make such a change.

Finally I at least know that it is POSSIBLE.

But the change I want to make would have been at 40 euros when I started to look into this a week ago. Now it is 80 euros. And I read here on Tripadvisor that the call centre takes a lot of time ... and you pay at lest 0.60 euros per minute ... so that will cost me something too!

So. I think you for your kind and simple answer. I wish it was simple like that and I would still be a happy customer of GermanWings.

Good customer service can do wonders.

It doesn't even have to be GOOD. Begin with an answer, and see where that takes us.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,269 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

I've yet to find an airline that responds to email queries quickly. Never use that form of communication if you have an issue that needs dealt with in a timely fashion.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

So you have lost 40 euro, presumably the difference in fare price, just because you thought you would save a 60 cent per minute phone call. Oh dear.

If you need to change anything do it sooner rather than later as prices tend to increase closer to departure.

Edited: 4:54 pm, May 20, 2014
rvk
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

I didn't expect the to respond quickly to my email: But I thought everybody responded to emails in 3-5 working days nowadays? To answer a simple question?

If you offer people to contact you by email, you have to answer? What would you say was an acceptable delay?

I've read quite a few reviews and complaints about Germanwings - they seem to have a big issue with the (almost non-existent) customer service.

10. Re: Lufthansa to Germanwings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 22, 2015