We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

V Australia or Air New Zealand

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
V Australia or Air New Zealand

We're looking at booking flights to LA from New Zealand and the price difference between V Australia and Air New Zealand is 1500, has anybody traveled with both companies long-haul and provide us any comparison of the two.

The only difference is a stopover in Australia on V Australia but that only adds around 3 hours to the trip. We're taking an 9 month old so we'd need an airline that is child friendly so to speak.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: V Australia or Air New Zealand

You can't beat the service you get on ANZ.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,514 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: V Australia or Air New Zealand

Flown both of them a fair bit and now use V more because we can go direct from Brisbane.

ANZ are fine and I would take the direct route ____3 hours extra with a 9 month old I could do without.

Go ANZ.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: V Australia or Air New Zealand

You'll add more than 3 hours to the trip. There is also the time waiting in transit, which should incude sufficient leeway to allow for any possible delay in departure from NZ to Aussie.

Suggest you take the direct route.

Cheers.

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: V Australia or Air New Zealand

Have flown Auckland to LAX with AirNZ and had excellent service. I would fly with them again.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: V Australia or Air New Zealand

You can check out the recent reviews of both airlines on the airlinequality website.

www.airlinequality.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: V Australia or Air New Zealand

Was suitably impressed on my VA flight from SYD-AUH last May. New Boeing 777, excellent service and food.

I have only flown Air NZ Trans Tasman, nothing to fault them with, but from personal experience would have no hesitation in recommending VA.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: V Australia or Air New Zealand

i would be paying the extra and going with Air NZ, it must be more than 3hrs difference as the flight to aussie is at least 3hrs long plus transit time and a longer flight to the states from aussie as well. The last thing you need when traveling with young ones is extra flights/transfers and sitting around unnecessarily.

8. Re: V Australia or Air New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 24, 2014