We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korean Air

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
8 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Korean Air

My partner & I recently flew Sydney/Seoul (Incheon)/Prague & Paris/Seoul/Sydney business class. As there was no direct same day connexion SYD/PRG the airline gave us overnight STPC (stopover at carrier's expense) at the Hyatt Regency at Incheon airport, including transfers, dinner & breakfast, which was a great way to break this always long & tedious trip to Europe. On each of our 4 flights the cabin staff were unfailingly smiling, friendly & polite, happy to assist with any query. We felt this warmth & friendliness genuine, not just plastic. The cabin (upstairs in the 747 bubble on 2 flights) was quiet & spacious & (almost) flat bed seats very comfortable. The food was really good, especially considering most airline food, hot & tasty. Access to the lounges made life much more pleasant, especially on our 4-1/2 hour transit at ICN on the return when we were able to shower & change clothes. I thoroughly recommend Korean Air & would not hesitate to fly with them again, probably the best airline I have flown.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
600 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Korean Air

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your review - however - unfortunately on these forums your review will be quickly lost - try copy/paste your review into www.airlinequality.com (same as www.skytrax.com) the people that award and rate airlines.

regards

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,925 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korean Air

Hi

I agree with post

but you don't have to be flying higher class fares to get comped

I was flying BKK to Sea Tac on the cheapest fare possible had a 9 hr layover in Inchon and also was comped at Hyatt Regency YOU need to call before you fly and ask.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,634 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Korean Air

Both of the Korean international carriers are far above average. Asiana Airlines has thoroughly spoiled me now, and I just wish they would expand their operations more in North America. My one long haul flight on Korean was very good, but still somewhat inferior to Asiana's excellent economy class.

(Asiana always give me the hotel room too)

Edited: 12:54 pm, April 17, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Korean Air

Glad you enjoyed your Korean Air flight, in just a short time theyve become one of the leading airlines for comfort and service and it's good to see a positive review instaed of the usual rants.

Howden, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Korean Air

Totally agree. Flew them last year and they were great.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Korean Air

I flew last year from Auckland to Seoul (with overnight stay in Hyatt Incheon) , and then on to Frankfurt on Korean Air's A380, all in Business class seats. The A380 Business Class seats take over the whole of the upper deck, and on my flight was at least 60% empty. I enjoyed Korean Air and thought it was very similar to Malaysia Airlines. They normally offer a very good rate too.

Torquay, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Korean Air

We too have flown Korean Air Business Class and absolutely loved it. First time was to Europe and Hyatt Regency comped on way over. Last year travelling from the States were comped on return journey. Loved the airline and had status with them so wanted to use them this year for our trip to Europe but they no longer fly from Melbourne. Our option would be via Sydney now but just would rather prefer direct ex Melbourne.

A pity really as they are an excellent airline.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Korean Air

Have rarely had a negative experience with KE unless flying their older style 747-400's. Food is of a decent standard for economy, IFE is excellent in the refurbished Boeing 777's, and the service on board is friendly.

I also love the Stopover on the way to Europe as well - helps to break the journey nicely.

Asiana a step up in terms of food and service, but IFE is a big big let down with them.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
124 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Korean Air

How do you get the Hyatt comp? How do you get the airbus 380?

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
8 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Korean Air

The Korean Air comp was given as there was no same day connecting flight & is available only once on the entire journey. I flew home from Paris which required a 4 1/2 hour transit at Incheon & so was not entitled to another comp even if there had not been a direct connection. I did not fly on the KE A380 on this trip but have flown it with another carrier. it depends on the destination & day of operation (sometimes different aircraft on different days).