We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

Hi,

I have been offered a buddy pass to fly to Europe this summer. The regular price for the ticket is about $1200 ($700 for the ticket and about $500 for all the fees and taxes). Can anyone give me a rough guess on the price of the ticket if I use the buddy pass. I don't want to take the pass and then not use it so trying to do the math ahead of time.

Thanks in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

You'll likely be better off posting on the Delta forum on Flyertalk.

Most recent comments her flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles/541875-bu…

I take it you are aware that (AFAIK) its standby, so you could end up hanging around airports for days, literally, especially summer in Europe, peak time.

Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I was told it would be stand by, my family are all near my destination so I am not to concerned about having to wait. Flights, full fare, in winter are about half the price so I am trying to figure out financially what my best deal is.

Thanks again.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

If you opted for the Delta buddy pass. How much would it cost you? Also do you know if check-in is first come first served or based on seniority of the employee. That could make the difference of gettin on the plane or not. I've successfully non-revved to Europe twice in November on another airline so it should be a good time to go.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

I would ask the employee offering the pass how much it would be. They should know.

Also do you know if check-in is first come first served or based on seniority of the employee. That could make the difference of gettin on the plane or not. I've successfully non-revved to Europe twice in November on another airline so it should be a good time to go.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
7,104 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

Yes, ask your buddy getting you the pass. They can look it up. I believe it is a percentage of the full fare.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

We used a Delta buddy pass to go from Washington, DC to Hawaii about 10 years ago. I can't remember if we paid $200 or more per person. If the employee doesn't know the cost in your case, call Delta reservations. It's a legitimate question they've certainly gotten before.

I do recall we weren't just standby, but the lowest level of standby. For each leg. Flying to Europe in the summer-- peak travel season-- seems risky to me, but I don't know their current projected passenger loads to the destination you're considering. Off-season, much less of a problem. No guarantee of a flight back at any time. Need to go to the airport each day and hope your name is called. Or, at some point, pay for a ticket.

Edited: 3:59 pm, April 11, 2013
7. Re: Delta buddy pass cost to Europe.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 13, 2014