We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

us airways

us airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, June 26, 2013
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
58,906 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: us airways

They'll get you there and back in once piece. Is there something specific you're concerned about? Where are you flying from?

Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: us airways

From Denver with a layover in Charlotte. Just worried been hearing bad things about them lately

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,765 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: us airways

No better or worse than the other big legacy us airlines.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
57,464 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: us airways

As IrishFan said, you should depart and arrive safely, which is the ideal outcome for any flight.

You may choose seats at the time of booking; there is a surcharge (per sector, I think) for some seats in the Economy cabin. There are surcharges for checked bags as well; you may pay the fees on line when you check in.

On board service will see one pass of the drinks trolley between DEN and CLT; crew may pass through once with water as well. There are no snacks served with drinks, just buy on board food. There is no IFE of any kind on the flights, so take a book or a fully charged electronic device if you want entertainment.

It's not an airline that will impress you with exceptional service, but keep the honeymoon in mind rather than the transportation aspect of it.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: us airways

I'm flying us airways from ind to nue in June. First time on usairways for me too. Thanks for the info!

Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: us airways

From Denver with a layover in Charlotte. Just worried been hearing bad things about them lately

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: us airways

You'll hear back things about every airline flying. What exactly are your concerns? You're flying economy? What are the other affordable options you are considering? For what it's worth, CLT is a relatively small, easy-to-navigate airport. I haven't found US Airways easy to deal with by phone or e-mail, but the flights were fine. I believe that you can use the US Airways Club (only airline club at CLT) with an Am Ex Platinum Card.

Edited: 8:12 am, April 11, 2013
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: us airways

p.s. sorry, I meant "bad things."

Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: us airways

Just mainly lots of delayed or canceled flights. They have changed my tickets twice since I purchased them.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
58,906 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: us airways

Well...if you've already purchased the tickets, what choice do you have, really? Bring a book, get to the airport on time, off you go! Whether or not your flight gets delayed or canceled for a trip later in the summer isn't anything can really help, or control.

I have no idea how US Air stacks up in terms of delays or cancellations, whether or not they have more or less than anyone else. But that information is easily found on the web if you want to search it out. But if you're already booked I'm not sure what good it would do.