We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PHL Connecting flight logistics

Albany
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
PHL Connecting flight logistics

Our flight is scheduled to arrive at gate A22 at 6:39 AM. We have a connecting flight that leaves from F27 at 7:45 AM. We had been hoping to grab something for breakfast during our layover, but considering that it's barely an hour, not sure how realistic that will be.

What's the quickest way for us to get from A to F? Can we take the train w/o dealing with security? How long would it take to walk?

Thanks for any insight and tips you can provide us with!

Mount Dora, Florida
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PHL Connecting flight logistics

You will not have time for breakfast. Your connecting flight will start to board at 7:15. If you need overhead storage you will not want to board late.

If your arriving flight is on time you should be able to catch your departing time. Be sure to double check your arrival and departure gates after you arrive at the airport. These gates change all of the time.

There is no reason for you to leave the secure area to reach your next flight & you do not want to do that because you do not have time to go through security again. I think it is a good distance between these two areas and I would plan on using the train

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,518 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PHL Connecting flight logistics

There is a shuttle bus which runs to Terminal F from Terminal A - it takes about 10 minutes. There are a number of kiosks where you could grab a coffee and sandwich in Terminal F but i wouldn't delay.

www.phl.org/passengerinfo/Pages/shuttle.aspx

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PHL Connecting flight logistics

I would take a snack on board because although PHL is a very efficient airport you will have to hurry for the connecting flight.

4. Re: PHL Connecting flight logistics

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 11, 2014