We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Expedia booking

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
Expedia booking

I have recently booked a Scoot Airlines flight from Gold Coast to Singapore through Expedia. When I booked there was no allowance to pay for baggage therefore the booking was made without it. I thought I could then go to Scoot site and add it.

NO. Scoot refer me to Expedia, Expedia refer me to Scoot.

I can NOT do it online. I can do it over the phone but costs $ extra. Has anyone had this experience. Any ideas of what I can do?

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
92 reviews
1. Re: Expedia booking

You have discovered one of the significant downsides of saving money by booking through a third party,which is extra hassle included.

I'd phone up whoever it is that will let you add the luggage and just suck up the extra costs, life is too short. Next time, book direct.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
20,569 posts
1 review
2. Re: Expedia booking

did you get a booking reference for your flight from Expedia,if not email Expedia ,ask for it and then try using it to add your luggage.

Been I couple of years since I used Expedia for Flight/hotel deals (never used them for flight only) and have had to ask them for the flight booking refrence,when that has been given (within a couple of hours of email) I have than been able to add things or do OLCI.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Expedia booking

Adding/deleting/changing is always a pain when booking through a third party.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Expedia booking

Yes, I have a booking ref. no. Makes no difference. Thanks for the advice, I won't use them again.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
21,459 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Expedia booking

As Joe suggested, probably better you pay the extra and do it over the phone - it will be less of a hassle than doing it at the airport to checkin and possibly cheaper too

6. Re: Expedia booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 10, 2014