We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-stop flights LAX - Cancun December 2013

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
437 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Non-stop flights LAX - Cancun December 2013

I am hoping to book a non-stop flight from LAX to Cancun this December. It is my understanding that both United and Virgin America fly this route.

However, currently on the United website, I can only see the non-stop flights listed to mid-August - after that I can only book flights with a layover in DFW or IAH.

I can't find any information as to whether United has stopped the non-stops from LAX from August, or they just haven't loaded them into the system? And if so, why not, as the direct flights from IAH etc are loaded.

Virgin America only have their entire schedule available up to mid-Nov, so I'm hoping that will be online soon.

I haven't had any success trying to find out from United on the phone or the net if that route has been ceased - does anyone have any thoughts?

Pico Rivera...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-stop flights LAX - Cancun December 2013

I was checking UA flights, I only see they fly the non-stops on Saturdays and Sundays all other days they fly via IAH.

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
437 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-stop flights LAX - Cancun December 2013

Ah yes - I see that now. Up until mid-August they have daily non-stop flights. Oh that is a shame. I had planned my trip from Australia counting on that non-stop on a Tuesday, leaving at 10.30am or so. Now I may have to overnight somewhere and miss a day in Cancun.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
65,499 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-stop flights LAX - Cancun December 2013

It is VERY early here in the USA to be booking flights for next December!! I'd not expect the schedules to remain the same from now until then!

I wouldn't book it until at least this summer.

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
437 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-stop flights LAX - Cancun December 2013

Virgin still have Tuesday flights, but their schedule only to mid-Nov - I'm praying they will keep that non-stop Tues flight in December or we will be stuck :-(

Robina, Australia
Level Contributor
437 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non-stop flights LAX - Cancun December 2013

Oh thankyou Riff - it is reassuring to know that perhaps things might be added. I was under the impression that you should book early as flight prices usually only go up.

I'll just be happy to have something locked in though as we are travelling a long way to get to Cancun on the first leg of a big trip - I had monitored the past year's schedules and United have had those daily flights for a long time so will be disappointed if they are to be cut.

6. Re: Non-stop flights LAX - Cancun December 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 06, 2014