We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson advice please

London, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson advice please

Thomson Flights

today, 10:09

Has anyone else had problems with Thomson?

I booked two flights for 12 April returning 20th April to Tenerife. When confirmation came through it said out on 19 April returning 20th April. A less than 24 hour holiday!

I was abroad at the time so used their Contact Us email box and got the page saying Thank You for your enquiry we will contact you asp.

I didn't hear back so emailed 4 more times - including to the press office - expressing my concerns.

Upon returning to the UK I ring Thomson. The call centre guy in India said he was having problems with that date too - so obviously the website is malfunctioning. He puts me through to another call centre in Coventry where they said they had no record of emails and because of terms and conditions we would have to buy a completely new ticket. Any advice where to take this next would be appreciated.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson advice please

Thomson s were having technical difficulties over the end of last week and the weekend.

I couldnt book my seats or access Manage my booking even being inside 90 days and still can't.

I 've spoken to a few staff on the facebook chat option and have been assured they are sorting it and that if I can't access my flight then nobody else can either so not to worried yet.

You having the wrong dates though is a serious problem and you need to try and get that sorted Asap. If you use the facebook chat option you get British staff who are very helpful monitoring it all day.

:-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson advice please

Do you have any evidence that you booked it correctly? Ie did you take a screen snag and save?

Let us know what happens. Not everyone's ticket could have been moved to the 19th, they would need to fix this or hire extra planes!! So either it's a website issue and they will resolve it, or it was booked in accurately in the first place...

London, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson advice please

If I had booked the flights inaccurately why then didn't they receive my emails - the first which I sent immediately asking them to change it, literally straight after I'd got the confirmation. Because I was abroad I wasn't surprised I didn't get an immediate response.

Even when I went online to change the booking in Manage Booking it kept flicking over to another date - so I emailed them about that as well using their email in Contact Us box. I was assuming it was because I was using their website from aboard that there was a malfunction.

Because the emails were from the Contact Us box on their website I don't have a receipt of the emails sent. I do have a copy of the email sent to the press office which was several weeks later when I'd had no response.

I asked the call centre for proof that they hadn't received my emails through their Contact Us box but they were unable to provide anything.

After over two hours to their various call centres - (at 5p into the Thomson pot) they just kept saying you agreed to the terms and conditions so you have to pay full fare for a new ticket. I subsequently bought two new tickets with a different airline.

I'd like to take this further. However the call centre said the buck stopped with them - Thomson obviously expects customers to give up during the complaints procedure which they make impossibly difficult.

Many thanks for your advice

London, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson advice please

Thank you for your response.

It is reassuring that I am not at fault although Thomson have steadfastly said I am and that I have to buy new tickets from scratch.

It's amazing that when they are so clearly in the wrong they still reinforce their commitment to greed at the cost of any future customer loyalty.

In the end I had to buy new tickets - but of course with a competitive airline.

5. Re: Thomson advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 05, 2014