We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

Hi we are in a group travelling in June with two children who are too young to use the Escape Lounge. We are debating booking the Servisair (Bollin) Lounge. We have a mid morning flight (will be in the lounge for 8am) and the children will want to eat. Do they offer hot snacks/Breakfast to early morning flyers?

Would people recommend using this lounge? Does it provide value for money? Is there enough seating? Are there views of the runway (for children)?

Any advice would be appreciated so we know whether to pre-book or not.

Thanks!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,533 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

Do they offer hot snacks/Breakfast to early morning flyers? - There will be breakfast items such as pastries/cereals but I don't think they offer hot food.

"Would people recommend using this lounge? Does it provide value for money? Is there enough seating?" - It's not bad for a pay lounge but value for money is subjective and seating is just down to the volume of customers on any given day.

"Are there views of the runway (for children)?" - Yes

If you can afford it then go for it to get the holiday off to a great start.

executivelounges.com/lounges/manchester-term…

uk
Level Contributor
3,666 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

Was in this lounge yesterday, it is fine as a place to get away from the main terminal but I wouldn't pay to use it.

No hot food at all, just cereal, pastries, fruit etc in the morning.

The other Servisair lounge in T1 is being refurbished at the moment so it was quite busy but there was still plenty of space.

Views are nice, I prefer it to the windowless Esacpe lounge personally.

Depending on how long your wait is i'd probably just suggest treating the family to a nice brekkie at Giraffe, you can get a table right up by the window to watch the planes and have some 'decent' food.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

Thanks for your quick responses :) I have just been on the Facebook page for Servisair and contacted their customer services, it turns out they are opening a new lounge at T1 which will be an Aspire Lounge so a bit of an improvement on what they have to offer and it'll be open by the end of April. Thanks for your help and the link - not sure I would have bothered with the Bollin Lounge, but your right, now we can get the holiday off to a nice start! :)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
962 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

We was in this lounge a few months ago,I would definitely not bother,they ran out of food and the place was a dump,we walked out

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

Hi, I don't know if this is too late but I've just come back from holiday and used the lounge before I went. I've used other lounges before but this one was very poor.

We were greeted with- we're really full and we wont call your flights' (whicj was true!) There wasn't any seats to start with and then we had to perch at the end of another couples table.

The selection was really poor- heinz mushroom soup being the only hot food, bread roll, butter, cheese, a brownie and then some nuts and nibbles that were in a bowl to take a few. No pastries, crisps etc.

Drinks were poor with a small selection of alcholo drinks- cheap vodka, gin, whiskey and wine in the fridge. Coke was from a large bottle in the fridge.

Very poor compared to leeds and liverpool lounges I've been to. Would have found it more beneficial to go to a cafe and have a seat with and eaten and drunk what I wanted.

Could be really good but they seemed to want to get everyones money and then not bother once you're in there.

I hope they improve- because it'd be easy to do with \ bit of organising.

northumberland
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

I've been in both lounges over the last year. The T1 one advertised a dress code and behaviour code. I drank warm beer and listened to a party of four, the gents wearing shorts and trainers, the ladies similar, using Anglo Saxon language at full volume with no attempt by the staff to intervene. I gave up after one beer and went to the bar in the terminal. Money wasted. In April I used the T2 lounge as a treat for my partner. It was like a Railway waiting room with furnature from a charity shop. Absolutely packed with no attempt to enforce the alleged dress and behaviour standards. Food/drink selection not worth the effort. Gave up again and went to the gate which was more comfy and more pleasant on the plastic chairs. Don't bother, or chose another lounge. Thompson only offer this waste of money in thier package.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

hi

I am booked into the Aspire lounge for August, we're so excited. We had worried because we had booked the serviceair lounge and read bad things, we wanted to swap for the escape but we're glad now, the aspire looks much better.

Has anyone been in there? What is it like?

manchester
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

hi we booked the bollin lounge it now changed to the aspire lounge we go august early morning a bit worried too

Edited: 4:27 am, July 10, 2013
Bolton
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

We used this lounge 8th of July before a flight to Nice, what a total waste of money , the staff were uninterested , there was limited seating and tables, the best they could do for food was soup and bread rolls, we basically paid £17 each for 2 bottles of cheap lager and some nuts ......... Fawlty towers meets Come fly with me .... Save your money. ......... VERY VERY POOR !!!!

Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Servisair Bollin Lounge - T1 Manchester Airport

I am thinking of flying from Manchester to France in nov with my little one and was going to use a lounge but might not considering the reviews