We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korean Airlines your views please.

Kent
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Korean Airlines your views please.

Has anyone travelled with Korean Airlines? We are looking at flights to New Zealand and Korean Airlines have a good price for Business Class.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,115 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

Hi,

A very good airline.. Korean (KE) has really stepped up their overall product from what they had in the early to mid 1990's to what they have today.. and that includes a major revamp of their cabin crew and other passenger-facing issues.. Most all of their aircraft have the latest generation cabins and they've updates their fleet in the past several years to now include A380's and more B777's.

That is, in large part, to the increase in size, scope and competition from the other much newer Korea-based carrier, Asiana Airlines, who has and still does give KE a real "run for the money" in terms of being the carrier of choice to/from Korea as well as within the region.

I'd have zero issues with flying KE in any class..

Also, their hub-- Incheon-- is considered by many as one of the best airports in terms of passenger services and other factors.

Travel Safe,

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

Great Airline and as Gopbi says Incheon is a great airport to transit through

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
531 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

I've not travelled in Business class with them but flew to NZ from UK with them in economy and they were excellent, check in staff pleasant (just a heads up that they did ask for the credit card with which the booking was made even though it had been visa verified so ensure you have this with you), the cabin crew were very friendly and drinks were brought around regularly. The economy seats were comfortable & meals were ok.

The only negative (which isnt a massive issue) was that they do make you pull the blinds on the journey home even thought its a day flight and turn the lights down not long after the meal service, which is a little annoying if like us you had already slept all night.

There is no same day connection from Incheon to LHR so they provided us with a hotel for the night (Hyatt) and meal vouchers.

I would thoroughly recommend them and wouldn't hesitate to travel with them again if the prices were right.

Kent
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

Thanks everyone very useful info.

NZ
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

Another one who had a good flight with them in business class and managed to score an unexpected upgrade to first on one leg of the AK/Europe return journey.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

I often use KE (economy class) to fly from the U.S. to Thailand with a stopover in Japan with no problems. BTW, they have a great entertainment package - lots of really interesting documentaries.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

You can check out the recent reviews on the airlinequality website, however I would wait and see how all this war business with Korea is going to pan out, it'll probably come to nothing but you never know.

www.airlinequality.com

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,545 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

I'm somewhat surprised that KE was not picked as the newest 5* carrier - an excellent airline (almost as good as Asiana)

Kent
Level Contributor
121 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

Thanks everyone, really good to hear your views. Chrella I think I agree with you, may be we need to wait a bit and see what is going to happen re possible war.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Korean Airlines your views please.

Have flown KE about 10 times now, and mainly into London or Europe.

Their 777 fleet is excellent, with good legroom, up to date AVOD and generally good service.

The Bibimbap on board is very good, and generally better than the Western meals.

Service does lack at times compared to Asiana/Singapore Airlines etc- however they represent excellent value for money.