We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight search engine question

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Flight search engine question

All,

Approximately a year ago I used a search engine for flights that allowed me to compare flexible dates and flexible destinations and presented it all neatly on a line graph. In other words, I wasn't sure where I wanted to go, so I entered a destination and approximate timeframe and had the ability to add destinations to the graph. I believe it was through bing, but now I can't find it. Any ideas? Needless to say this would be really handy to decide where to go to for my next trip.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight search engine question

It might be www.skyscanner.net It can show a graph for a whole month

Edited: 8:05 pm, March 31, 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,740 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight search engine question

maybe http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
64 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight search engine question

Unfortunately, I think it was bing and they took the feature away. That matrix software one will get the job done if you know the airport codes or all your possibilities are within 2000 miles of each other. It's not as easy of a presentation (the one I used had color coded lines for each destination with the x-axis as date and y-axis as price), but it will help narrow it's certainly easier than searching each destination separately.

Thanks y'all

n a
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight search engine question

Hipmunk will get you a graph, but you have to run each airport code separately.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight search engine question

skyscanner.net is the best, IMHO.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight search engine question

When I use skyscanner it cuts out on me, don't know why. I've never heard of Hipmunk but will check it out.

7. Re: Flight search engine question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 05, 2014