We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada and Cuba

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
38 reviews
Air Canada and Cuba

Greetings,

I'm planning travel to Cuba in March 2014. Just checking prices for the current year, it seems flying into or out of Havana is significantly more than Varadero. Is this common? I was hoping to fly into Havana and leave from Varadero. I'm not doing the resort route, doing B&B's instead. Does anyone have any insight as to when I should be booking for get the best price? I will want to fly from Sydney, NS, on a Friday, Saturday (preferred), or Sunday. Thanks for your help!

JR

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Air Canada and Cuba

It is way too early to start booking for March 2014. No one can tell you when prices will be best. Suggest you just sign up for the AC websaver e mail and keep an eye on prices.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: Air Canada and Cuba

Hi MapleG,

Thank-you for the response. I realize it's way to early to book but I thought there may have been some people in the Forum with some experience with booking to Cuba for flights only with Air Canada. For example, maybe Sept/Oct is best or that's too late! Someone advised me on when to expect the best prices for booking to Europe and they were right on the mark!. That's where I'm coming from. :-)

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Air Canada and Cuba

I don't think Air Canada sells flights to Cuba through their main site. I think all of their flights to Cuba are sold through Air Canada Vacations. So if you're going to sign up for e-mail alerts of seat sales, you should specifically look at the ACV site.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
4. Re: Air Canada and Cuba

I confirm - you cant buy a tickect to Cuba directly with Air Canada. You need to contact Air Canada Vacations.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
38 reviews
5. Re: Air Canada and Cuba

Thanks so much DCH and Crew....good info to know. I can't seem to find a 'websaver' for AirCanadaVacations. Perhaps one doesn't exit like AirCanada.com.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Air Canada and Cuba

You are right, no websaver for AC vacations, but I do get e mails from them. I would just check the site once or twice a month.

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
122 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: Air Canada and Cuba

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on ACV.

8. Re: Air Canada and Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2014