We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin atlantic

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Virgin atlantic

Hello, this is the first time i have to book an international flight for myself (i have always flown with family when i went to Usa). I was wondering if Virgin Atlantic flight's price changes from time to time, like it can happen with local and low cost company, or if I can buy a ticket now for 9 months later and the price will always be the same.

Another question: if I buy Economy now can I upgrade later to PE? Paying the difference or maybe less? And is it possible to get a bargain at the airport? Considering that I'll fly from London it can be harder to find one.

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin atlantic

I was wondering if Virgin Atlantic flight's price changes from time to time, like it can happen with local and low cost company

------>>yes it does

, or if I can buy a ticket now for 9 months later and the price will always be the same.

-------->>Very unlikely

Another question: if I buy Economy now can I upgrade later to PE?

------->>Yes if there are vacancies

Paying the difference or maybe less?

------->>or maybe more (it may have gone up since you bought)

And is it possible to get a bargain at the airport?

------->>If you mean, dont buy a ticket at all until the day, no, its the most expensive. if you mean, an upgrade bargain, sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Edited: 1:27 pm, March 28, 2013
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin atlantic

I would suggest not restricting yourself just to VA - there are lots of airlines flying London to US with BA being the other obvious example.

VA is not always the cheapest and you should look at other options bearing in mind that an indirect flight should offer a saving over a non stop option if cost is a major factor.

3. Re: Virgin atlantic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 30, 2014