We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business class Thai or emirates,

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Business class Thai or emirates,

I have gone bc with emirates but not Thai, anyone had experience long haul bc on Thai? How was it?

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business class Thai or emirates,

I love Thai, however if you compare them to Emirates BC, then there is little comparison. Unless the price difference is substantial, then stick with Emirates.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business class Thai or emirates,

Thai is one of the cheaper business class products, but I think it was good value for money when I used it Perth-London a couple of years ago.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business class Thai or emirates,

I have been on several TG BC flights which are not flat beds, mainly because of company ticketing policies. If I was paying, I would not pay BC fares for non horrizontal flat seats; the other perks just dont measure up to the price difference IMO.

Check the aircraft type and configuration for both the EK and TG flights on your sector and then decide.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,428 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business class Thai or emirates,

I think I am right in saying that from 1st April, if you fly to Europe from Aus you will be on Qantas metal to Dubai and then Emirates onwards.

If you are on TG via Bangkok then this chart will show the "expected" aircraft with the type of seat in each class

thaiairways.com.au/vwm/upload/fabpics/Aircra…

I am a big fan of TG on their BKK route but also think that EK to Dubai has a superior seat in C class but they cannot match TG cabin service.

SS

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business class Thai or emirates,

You won't necessarily be on QF metal (thank god).

I've flown Thai's B777 business medium-haul and it was nice, but it was nothing compared to Emirates.

I think aircraft is really important here, though-- A380? (amaaaaaaaaazing when flying premium) Or something else? Do your research about this, this is more important than the actual airline because both can be good, but depends what aircraft type.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business class Thai or emirates,

I've done both many times. There would have to be a huge price difference to choose Thai over Emirates. If you are on the A380, Emirates business class is the world's very best overall experience in my opinion. Thai may have slightly more consistent service and better Thai food, but everything else (seats, entertainment, onboard lounge, airport lounges, airport terminal, chauffeur service) is vastly superior on Emirates. Unless you are desperate for Thai food or Star Alliance points, choose Emirates.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Business class Thai or emirates,

<<I think I am right in saying that from 1st April, if you fly to Europe from Aus you will be on Qantas metal to Dubai and then Emirates onwards.>>

No you're not.

8. Re: Business class Thai or emirates,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 28, 2014