We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

Swansea
Level Contributor
230 posts
17 reviews
First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

Hi all,

We have just booked a holiday with an on line tour company, going from Bristol to Lanzarote.

We have never travelled with either Ryanair or Easyjet before as I've always been a bit wary of the things I've read and heard about them..... Free for all..... crush.... panic.... are just a few words that come to mind.

The flight is, of course, a great price, but now I'm panicking a bit and a bit confused.

Can anyone tell me please if it is worth us paying for priority boarding? and will that give us actual seat numbers?

We are always at the airport really early when we go away, but I am not very steady on my feet anymore, so am a bit worried about the rush to get on the plane. And my poor hubby is at the ripe old age of wanting everything nice and straight forward.

It was my fault for not checking the airline that was included in the holiday price!!!

Also, I'm really worried about this on line check in for boarding passes. Is it quite straight forward?

One thing I supose is to our advantage is that we don't mind if we can't sit together, and we usually ask for aisle seats.

I'd really appreciate any tips and advice PLEASEEEE ;-)

Salud,

Linda

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
29,541 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

Priority boarding with Ryanair won't give you seat numbers, but you can pay to prebook seat numbers if you want to, and then you will also get priority boarding.

Online check in is quite straightforward. Remember to check in and print boarding passes for both your outbound and inbound flights.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

Pirority boarding doesn't give you a seat reservation but a seat reservation gives you priority boarding. There's a limited number of allocated seats on their flights, it's the first couple of rows and the exit row. I wouldn't worry too much, I've flown with Ryanair hundreds of times and I've never experienced the "scrum" or "stampede" that other people have reported (though I grant that it may be airport or route dependent).

Online check-in is straightforward, as long as you have the relevant info they require.

Swansea
Level Contributor
230 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

Wow that was quick. :-)

Thank you sooooo much.

You have lifted a great weight off of my shoulders.

Now I will attempt to get myself in to "Manage my Booking" and book the seats.

Woooo Hoooo....

Thank you again

Salud

Linda

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
235 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

<<Online check-in is straightforward, as long as you have the relevant info they require.>>

I think Lex is referring to the fact that you've booked your flights through a third party. This is not allowed by Ryanair - so don't let them know!

If you have received all the relevant info (mainly booking reference number) then you should be able to check in online okay.

Park.

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
7,304 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

As has been said, Ryanair do not allow bookings through 3rd parties and you run the risk of being denied boarding. If you read the T & C's it is clear, that bookings must be only direct with them.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
Level Contributor
3,382 posts
70 reviews
6. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

Who is the online tour company that are doing this? Might be a good warning for others who may be suckered in with low fares...

Swansea
Level Contributor
230 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

Oh My Goodness... now I'm getting scared.....

we booked with Lowcostholidays.......

Please.. some one tell me that everything will be ok....

we have loads of pages printed off, with a rynaair booking reference, and last night I went back on to Ryanair and booked and paid for priority boarding. (Didn;t book the seats because I don;t think we need them, but was thinking it might be less stress to have priority boarding).

HELPPPPPP... I'm panicking..

Linda.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
16 reviews
8. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

As long as Ryanair doesn't find out you booked through a 3rd party you'll be fine and there's no immediate reason to think they would. But in the future, better to book direct from the airline, especially with Ryanair.

Swansea
Level Contributor
230 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

Thank you Lexexpress.

SOMERSET
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
10. Re: First time travelling with Ryanair... HELP!!!!

For the last three years we have booked through a holiday company and they booked are flights with Ryan Air from Bristol to Lanzarote and never had a problem, when you book with them, Ryan Air payment is made direct from your card then we paid Holiday company for accomadation. We have never had a problem with rush we have children and have sat together.

Enjoy your holiday