We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What can I take in my carry on luggage

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
What can I take in my carry on luggage

For the first time I am travelling to Malaga with only carry on luggage. I am travelling with Ryanair (yes I know) Can someone tell me if I am allowed to pack talcum power in my suitacase, and whether aerosol deodorants are allowed at all, whether in the case or in the polythene bag? I have read the regulations but can't find the answer.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,772 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What can I take in my carry on luggage

Deodorant aerosols are liquids, so need to go in your liquids bag. Talcum powder in it's original packing shouldn't be an issue.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
290 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What can I take in my carry on luggage

You can take aerosols in your hand luggage but dont forget they still must fit in the small plastic bag along with your other liquid/creams/toiletries and also all liquids/creams must be 100cl or less.It does not give you a lot of room if you are taking make-up/perfume etc.

You can get small travel size aerosols in Boots/Tescos if you need or you can buy them airside once you go through security but dont forget you will not be able to bring them back on your return flight if they dont fit in the plastic bag.

When I am going away for the weekend with my husband I put my make-up/perfume/face cream in one bag and then our toiletries in another.That helps if there are two or more of you!

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,638 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What can I take in my carry on luggage

I always take a small travel size talc and put it in the plastic bag with the liquids. The deodorant has to go in the plastic bag as will any other aerosols you take i.e hairspray and they have to be 100 ml or less. Your toothpaste will count as liquid too.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What can I take in my carry on luggage

You can't really get much in that little plastic bag, so take the bear necessities. I don't know about England but I firnd things cost less in Spain than they do here so I usually buy anything I need there

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What can I take in my carry on luggage

Many thanks to all of you for your help

6. Re: What can I take in my carry on luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 30, 2014