We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another BAEC website shortcoming?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,578 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Another BAEC website shortcoming?

I'll try to keep this as simple as possible. I want to make a three-leg reward booking from A to D with flight-changes in B and C (in other words I want to book an itinerary that goes A to B, B to C, and C to D). I find reward availability if I search each leg separately and also get the options I want if I search A-C and B-D separately. However, I find no availability if I search for A-D. If I call BA, can they book this itinerary for me on the phone or is there a good reason it doesn't show up on the website that I'm unaware of? A-B and B-C are on BA metal, C-D is with AA (if that matters).

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another BAEC website shortcoming?

It is a long time well known glitch, you have to call for open jaw reward flights. The good thing is you get the telephone booking fee waived as they know you can not do it online. If they say no, argue or ask to speak to a supervisor.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,578 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another BAEC website shortcoming?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It's not an open jaw itinerary, it's a standard return from A to D (and back), just with two flight changes in between (in B and C).

Maybe it would been easier if I just used the airports from the start. I want to fly from EDI to MSY with changes in LHR and DFW.

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another BAEC website shortcoming?

I would call them anyway and tell them it will not do it on the website. I think you will have a good argument for have telephone fee exused.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,578 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another BAEC website shortcoming?

Thanks, I'll do that. I'm not even that concerned about the phone-fee, I was just wondering if it was even possible book the itinerary or if there was a limit to the number of flight changes they allow for reward bookings or something like that.

Edited: 11:10 am, March 21, 2013
5. Re: Another BAEC website shortcoming?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 23, 2014