We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Economy Comfort

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Economy Comfort

I am flying from London to Boston shortly and wonder if it's worth paying the extra £100 return for economy comfort?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,813 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

You will get around 4 inches of extra legroom plus priority boarding at the front of the cabin which means you should be one of the first off the plane reducing your wait time at US immigration on arrival.

I personally think it's worth it but it's a relatively short transatlantic flight and others will disagree saying spend the money in Boston.

Only you can determine whether the benefits are worth the £100 for you.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

You also get free "cocktails" (spirits), preferred boarding and more recline on your seat. I think its far better as I am 6'4" and find that normal seats don't give enough leg room.

I have also found that EC it not always full so you can get a little extra room (not always the cast).

If its worth it? That is a personal preference.....

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

Op, there's a tremendously long thread alread here discussing this at great length. Try doing a search and you can pull it up to read all the answers if you need more info.

uk
Level Contributor
309 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

dont bother on the outbound - get it for the return trip - can sleep better and there are less people in this part of the cabin!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

I agree with Melanie, I wouldn't bother if it's a day flight but I do think it's worth it if your return flight is a night flgiht.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,585 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

I went comfort ecomony and that is was worth the extra money.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

I find that it's usually worth the money. 1) It's usually not that crowded when you're in EC for longhaul flights, especially TPAC 2) it's usually on the quieter side 3) I don't drink but the free drinks are a huge plus for most

When I'm debating EC, I ask myself: 1) is the flight over 6-7 hours? and 2) do I need to sleep on this flight?

Longer flights and the necessity of sleep = EC being "worth" it

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,374 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

I almost always purchase the upgrade internationally on Delta but I also get a 50% discount for my SkyMiles status so it's an easier decision. I recently had a flight change and EC was full. Didn't really have any issue with the regular economy seating. LHR-BOS is a super short flight, too, so you can decide if it's worth it for that distance. I did BOS-LHR last summer and I think we were actually under six hours that day.

Have fun.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,429 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

IMO, it's worth it for long overnight flights when you want to sleep (just did DFW-CDG a few days ago) but not on a daytime flight. I guess it would depend on how tall you are too. I'm only 5'4" so I fit in economy seats *reasonably* well. If I were 6'4" it might be another story. I don't care about free drinks either. I think they boarded E+ first (out of Economy and not counting elite passengers) on my flight so it might help get an overhead bin. I'm not 100% sure they always do that.

10. Re: Delta Economy Comfort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 26, 2014