We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

CRESTED BUTTE
1 post
Save Topic
United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

Is there a UAL (or an independant) lounge in LHR Term. 4 for UAL United Club members or UAL Business Class passengers to use when departing from Term. 4 (for Newark)?

On a map of Term. 4, I did see a lounge icon with "UAL" indicated.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,203 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

I believe they're using the Skyteam lounge. If you're familiar with Terminal 4 it's where BA's Lounge Pavilion was opposite Gate 10.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

Yup, United has an agreement with SkyTeam for its eligible passengers to use their lounge at T4. And it's nicer than the Star Alliance lounge at T1.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

In case anyone else has the same question, wanted to share my information:

We have United Club passes we received with our UAL credit card, and I was hoping to use them in the LHR T4 Skyteam lounge if possible. I called United to check if we could, and they informed me that sadly the agreement to use the Skyteam lounge was only for passengers with *tickets* (business class or better). The agreement did not extend to lounge passes.

So that's a disappointment, but at least we found out in advance, so we can use our passes on the way out of EWR instead of waiting and then finding out too late.

FYI United Club Services at 1-866-822-5827 is who gave me this information. Hope this helps someone else.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

tinymich,

Good information, thanks. Also note that the UC day passes that come with the credit card aren't accepted at the Star Alliance lounges either. I saw someone being denied entry at the Star lounge at LHR-T1 back in June. Those passes are for United "owned" UCs only.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,363 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

When you use the T4 lounge... go upstairs. (What there is an upstairs???)

It is quieter with fewer people and the same layout/food as the main level. Use either the stairwell at the front desk or the elevator in the back corner.

Pasadena, California
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

So United does not have its own lounge at Heathrow, at any terminal?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

In less than two days' time (June 4) United moves all its flights to the new Terminal 2. There will be a United Club (and IFC lounge) in T2, located on the T2B satellite concourse.

Edited: 11:48 am, June 02, 2014
Virginia Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

Does anyone know the quality of the food at the new Terminal 2 UAL lounge? I previously used the Star Alliance lounge in Terminal 1 that offered free delicious breakfasts and alcoholic drinks.

Edited: 2:16 pm, June 16, 2014
Virginia Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

Does anyone know the quality of the food at the new Terminal 2 UAL lounge? I previously used the Star Alliance lounge in Terminal 1 that offered free delicious breakfasts and alcoholic drinks.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,274 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: United Air Lines lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

Not used it yet (I returned from LHR three days before T2 opened), but here are some reviews -

FlyerTalk, post #97 onward - flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileagep…

And another - travelskills.com/2014/…