We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport

I will be travelling from the US to Edinburgh UK via Aer Lingus. We have a stop/transfer at the Dublin Airport. I will need to take the pedestrian walkway from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1. I know there is the connecting walkway. Will I need to go through passport control and/or security while transferring? I have an hour and 45 minutes between flights.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport

Wasn't sure but dublinairportt2.com/transferring-between-t1-… seems to confirm it: you'll have to enter Ireland and the Schengen area to be able to go to T1. It is not a big walk. But if your flight over the Pond is late, you might be in trouble. On your way back to the US (assuming you'll do it via DUB), do plan extra time for the US pre-clearance (dublinairport.com/gns/…US-Preclearance.aspx).

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,370 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport

I haven't done it yet myself but several posters on the Dublin forum confirm the walk between terminals is 5-6 minutes. Although you have posted on the right forum, you might actually get a better response for this query which is very specific to one destination airport on the destination (Dublin) airport.

3. Re: Transferring from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 17, 2014