We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin America

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,872 posts
208 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin America

I am in the process of booking US east coast to west coast tickets for July, and Virgin America is coming up with the best times/prices.

I've never used them--have used American, Jet Blue, United (ugh), domestically--and issues? Or is it just a standard point a to point b.

Yes, I did a search--most of what I see is coming up Virgin Atlantic, so not sure if that addresses what I am looking at.

Thanks in advance.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,555 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin America

Virgin America is different from Virgin Atlantic but part of the same brand - it is a 4 star airline as ranked by Skytrax and is one of the better options for domestic flights within the US.

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/vir-america.htm

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,872 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin America

OK, thanks for that!

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,017 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin America

Virgin America is my favorite US airline these days.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin America

I flew Virgin America for the first time last month and they were great. Definitely my number 1 choice for domestic flights in the US now.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin America

We have flown them from LAS/JFK. Nice planes. We landed safely each time. Good fares. Website us easy to use.

Plan to use them again in Oct

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin America

Very good airline.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin America

Yes I flew with them this time last year and they were great. Left on time and arrived on time!

Not sure if its standard for US airlines but was surprised that stewardess didn't check my boarding pass when I got on the plane though. Even though its checked at the gate, everywhere else also checks it on the plane too.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,872 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin America

Got back from said trip a little while ago.

Loved flying with Virgin America--great customer service, lovely seats--we were even upgraded on our flight home.

Good-BYE United!!!!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
297 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Virgin America

Just flew from San Francisco to LA - and I wish I had flown Virgin America across the country instead of just for that hour long flight! It's a "cool" airline. The flight attendants were all young (maybe just our flight though?), there's cool lighting, TVs on the back of seats in front of you with TV and a map that you can watch to follow your plane's path. I hadn't seen the TVs on domestic flights so that was a cool surprise. Very smooth flight and we left on time and arrived before our scheduled arrival time. Also I'm not sure if this is just because we were on a short commuter flight, but we weren't forced to check our bags at the gate like other airlines had done so that was nice.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Virgin America

Thanks for the update Laura and glad you enjoyed your flight with Virgin.