We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best overall ecomony Airline from LAX to Ho Chi Minh City

St. John
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best overall ecomony Airline from LAX to Ho Chi Minh City

I have been checking and Asiana and Korean have quite good fares for when I am traveling Anybody fly with them recently or have another preference? I have checked Singapore Airlines but it is has a price of a few hundred $ more Thanks

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,305 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best overall ecomony Airline from LAX to Ho Chi Minh City

Asiana is my choice - you won't find better (I've done 4 trips of 5 to Vietnam with them)

Edited: 4:36 pm, March 10, 2013
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,305 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best overall ecomony Airline from LAX to Ho Chi Minh City

Economy seating on KE and OZ is more spacious than on SQ

(OZ is Asiana)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best overall ecomony Airline from LAX to Ho Chi Minh City

Asiana would be my choice immediately. Superb airline.

St. John
Level Contributor
111 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best overall ecomony Airline from LAX to Ho Chi Minh City

Thank you for your replies Actually I was surprised that Asiana was offering the best deal as far as economy class and I thought this may be too good to be true as they have such a high rating Also could anyone advise me of the least layover time I should allow for a connection to HCMC at Incheon?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,205 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best overall ecomony Airline from LAX to Ho Chi Minh City

On the four changes I've made at ICN I've been through security and onto the concourse in about 25 minutes. So with an ontime arrival 1.5 hours would be doable. I always like to allow 2 hours between flights, to stretch my legs and to build some slack in case of a delay.

But, as well as Asiana being my favorite airline, ICN is my favorite airport. If you had a long layover (say 4 hours) there's plenty to keep you occupied; heritage museum, cultural theater, and observation deck.

www.airport.kr/iiacms/pageWork.iia…

6. Re: Best overall ecomony Airline from LAX to Ho Chi Minh City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 12, 2014