We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines

Haddon Heights, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines

Has anyone flown to Las Vegas via Spirit airlines? I hear good/bad things. I know they are fairly cheap, but I have rapid rewards points with Southwest. Also, I loved southwest customer service approaches. My flight to Florida was delayed 3x due to bad weather, and then returning it was delayed. All in all, I had a bad experience regarding the flight itself, but not Southwest Airlines. Should I stick with them or try another airline? Any suggestions??

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,621 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines

Just go to the search box, type "Spirit Airlines" and read away.

I've never flown Spirit, but I've read their T+C's, their list of fees, and the threads on here. I've got nothing against Spirit, but based on what I've read I'd choose Southwest over Spirit any time.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines

(sounds like rather iffy television advertisement) If you like Southwest, you'll loathe Spirit.

The airline's base fares may be 'fairly cheap', but make a dummy booking to ascertain the full cost of a flight before pressing the Buy Now button. http://www.spirit.com/optionalfees.aspx There are fees aplenty, and the rules with respect to baggage size and weight are adhered to strictly.

Spirit does not have interline agreements with any other airlines. Should there be a delay and flight missed, you will be offered a seat on the next available Spirit flight, which may or may not suit your needs.

Were I in a situation like yours, I would book with WN and keep earning the Rapid Rewards.

Haddon Heights, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines

I will keep this in mind during my travels! Thank you

4. Re: Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 12, 2014