We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

Questions:

Q1: Is the food free or have to pay australian dollars or euro money on board as i be on the Brisbane (BNE) to Singapore (Changi)

Finnair 5008 operated by Qantas Airways Depart 1:40pm Arrive 7:00pm ?

AND if so how about the next flight: Singapore (Changi) to Helsinki (HEL) Finnair 82 Depart 11:50pm Arrive 6:20am +1 day ?

AND how about: Helsinki (HEL) to Berlin (BER)

Finnair 2911 operated by Flybe Depart 8:00am Arrive 8:55am ?

I paid my airline tickets with Expedia website. So if i have to pay food on board or not i like to know.

-----------

Q2: Are all of them flights i be on in january 7th of 2014 will have tv screen infront of my seat with plenty channels to choose from as economic or is this going to be for business class only ? Im choosing the back of the plane for a window seat.

Q3: Will all my flights will also have a telephone next to me to call lets say call mother to say im alright while on the plane ?

Q4: And may i ask anyone if there are any interior photos for each of the flights im going ? im alittle confused when i search it because it just shows similarity images. Not all would be the actual one i be on unless it is.

thank you kind enough people. Hope it isn't too much to ask for.

Maddi

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

They're full service carriers, so you won't have to pay for food.

Check the finnair website to get an idea of what kind of entertainment you can expect, based on your flight number/route and/or aircraft type.

Call your mother before you get on board-- heaps of payphones at SIN airport.

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

Hi bim.

I dont no how on the finnair website. I mean my flight wont be until 7th of january 2014. Unless it doesnt have that sort of information yet ?

I wonder if they will have internet accese and able to use laptop with internet on board at least ? Because i would like to stay intouch with emails and skype perhaps and stuff like that from my laptop while on board. Its a very long trip. I would need something to keep myself intertainment rather then look out the window for more then 8 hours straight.

The plane i be on. I dont no what stuff they have inside the plane. I heard jumbo planes have telefohone beside the chairs... but i like to know what my plane flight will contain. Perhaps images of it all would help. Not every plane has everything on board. I dont think so. unless im mistaken.

Edited: 10:55 pm, March 09, 2013
Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

Have you actually looked at the Finnair website? A quick glance will answer most of your questions.

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

Hi yes. The strange is that with the log in same code lets me log onto Qantas website/finnair website aswell and also expedia website.

When i print out the tickets. Which website do i must log onto to get all tickets or ticket because dont no how many i will get.

So dont no about how many tickets i will get before departing from brisbane to berlin.

Edited: 11:16 pm, March 09, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

I don't mean to sound rude, maddiv, but you must be very young to expect internet onboard from 35000 feet :)

How do you think the other 300 passengers in a cramped economy cabin would feel having to listen to someone jabbering away on skype/their phone? thankfully this is not a reality on most carriers yet, and if internet access is offered, it would be very expensive and you wouldn't get a lot of data with it. Enjoy the sense of calm that being on your own can bring, and you can keep yourself occupied enough with entertainment - either from your laptop loaded with your own movies etc, or the airline's own entertainment system. Or, do the old-fashioned thing and bring a book or a magazine. The time will pass, and it's not the torture you seem to think it will be -- you'll be on holiday on your way to somewhere exciting.

The telephone thing you mentioned -- I have *never* seen anyone use them. There's a credit card thing you swipe, and it's quite expensive.

finnair.com/INT/GB/information-services/on-t…

The above link gives you an idea. As you said, it's not for another 9 months, so don't focus on minutiae that might change, just look forward to the trip.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
33,942 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

The first leg of your flight will be on a Qantas aircraft. This looks like QF51 which is a 747 so will have decent IFE (in flight entertainment)

This youtube clip shops (from around the 2 minute mark) the interior and food on their long haul from Singapore to Helsinki. I have not flown Finnair but airlines normally have a good selection of movies on demand (i.e. you can just start the movie when you want), tv shows, apps, games etc. If you want to bring your laptop or ipad to view your own movies then that is also possible. This is a night flight though so getting some sleep is a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3SHtAl2HZM

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

Hi thank you kind enough. Sounds quite good and thank you for the youtube video. I will check that out a sec after this.

Also i want to choose a seat.for a window. Should you reckon i should seat on the left side of the window or the right side of the window? Its only because i will have a video camera with me. I love to look out the views of the window. Only because when the plane departs from singapore airport at 1140pm at night. It will take me straight to helsinki airport.

So does this actually mean that where ever the sun points at and how the plane isi traveling on its path... Will i see the sun rise continuesly all the way to helsinki ?

Like lets say singapore will be night time. The plane takes me to helsinki... by the time i get to helsinki it be around 6something am... will the sun follow its path view from my plane continuesly perhaps when the plane is half way to its destination ? passsing Russia perhaps ?

Or should i see no sun rise at all until im like 1 hour close to helsinki ?

Only wondering if its beautiful to see it and everything or not really.

Im curious about this one.

Thank you.

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

By the way very itneresting video thanks for sharing that. Interesting the female staff on finnair the black uniform with the white stripe. Alittle bit like the communion type in most european countries.. So i see each seat has thier own tv touch screen. Wonder if anything is live on these small screens like live cnn for example. !

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

It will still be dark when you land in Helsinki.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
19,427 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Questions about my flight/intertainment/food

I think you're being trolled, folks.

Gee, maddiiv, your language skills suddenly improved a lot in post #8. Plus, if you're never been to Europe as claimed in your other thread, how do you know so much about uniforms there?