We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Airlines LAX to SYD

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Hawaiian Airlines LAX to SYD

American Airlines has given us First class seats on their partners airline Hawaiian Airlines From LAX to Sydney. Does anyone know if those seats will lie flat or what they will do?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,644 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Airlines LAX to SYD

Hawaiian uses two types of aircraft for long haul. B767 and A330. None of their planes have lie flat seats just recliners. Still better than coach for that distance and Hawaiiandoes a great job of being on time and friendly.

Got to think you will have a stopover in Honolulu.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Airlines LAX to SYD

Yes we do stop in HNL which is what I wanted due to a back problem so that I could get out and walk/stretch. My flight is on the A330. Do you know anything about the comfort of those seats since they only recline?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,644 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Airlines LAX to SYD

They are like domestic First class. Wider than coach, more leg room and they do recline more.

4. Re: Hawaiian Airlines LAX to SYD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 13, 2014