We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PHL to LAS on Spirit? Opinions please!!

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Topic
PHL to LAS on Spirit? Opinions please!!

Im looking to go round trip from Philly to Vegas in June and Spirit is looking like the cheapest option. Ive read a lot of negative reviews about Spirit, but i figure a late, non-stop flight cant be that bad, can it?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,573 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PHL to LAS on Spirit? Opinions please!!

What if it's canceled? Spirit has no interline agreements with other airlines, meaning that if a flight is canceled they can't/won't rebook you onto another airline, and you'd have to wait for available seats to become available on Spirit flights.

You may get "lucky" and get a rerouting and just a severe delay, or you could be stranded for days. The record for being stranded that I've seen on this forum is 9 days, and within the mainland US 3 days.

Edited: 10:26 pm, March 06, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PHL to LAS on Spirit? Opinions please!!

Make sure you've read the page on their web site about fees. You pay for almost everything extra on Spirit. Pick out the fees that apply to you and make sure when you add those in, that the flight is still as cheap as you think.

After that it's up to you whether you want to deal with the crap you've read about on these forums to save a little money. Personally, Spirit would need to be a whole lot cheaper for me to consider them.

3. Re: PHL to LAS on Spirit? Opinions please!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 08, 2014