We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

regarding flight tickets

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
regarding flight tickets

Hello i would like to know how much do I have to pay for my child if I want to flight to Ecuador, she is 22 months old. I received an email for a flight $571 I would like to get that ticket but it's only for 1 person and I don't know how to add my daughter. Could you please let me know and i'm planning to flight on april 5th to may 5th. Can you send me the answer on my email Roxana_Ceron@yahoo.com

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,762 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: regarding flight tickets

Welcome to Tripadvisor and the Support forum, Roxana!

First, let me tell you that Tripadvisor is not a booking site. Any fares you receive by email from this site are based on information provided by airlines or online booking sites. Check with the Flights button to see if the fare is still available. If it is, once you click on it, you will be directed to a booking site where you can check for the cost of the fare for your son separately. It generally depends on the airline how much they charge for infants and toddlers.

Second, please consider deleting your post. You included your email address in a public forum, which makes you susceptible to increased spam and fraudulent use of your account. To delete your post, click on Report inappropriate content at the end of the post, then look for the option to Remove my Post.

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,740 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: regarding flight tickets

R0xana ~

I would strongly suggest you use those flights that are listed on the 3rd party online booking sites on TA for comparison shopping only. Then book directly with the airlines.

Some posted situations that have happened are: you buy the ticket, but the online booking site comes back to say that fare is sold out and offer you a more expensive price. If you want to cancel, it can be a process to get a refund of your money. Another one is if something goes sideways between when you buy and when you fly, you have to contact the 3rd party booking company (the airline will send you back to where you bought from), and other posters have said they have been on hold for 30-60 minutes to deal with getting a refund.

As you are not experienced on TA, I hope knowing this will cause you to ask more questions before buying through a 3rd party booking website. The Air Travel Forum would be a good place post your question for flight experts advice.

Click on the blue print link above you avatar that says "Forums". Then click on the first forum in the list on the right side "Air Travel." Please find out more before booking.

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: regarding flight tickets

Upto 24months age, the baby pays only 10pct of the adult fare

4. Re: regarding flight tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 10, 2014