We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UA Award tickets - baggage included?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Topic
UA Award tickets - baggage included?

I am looking to use some United miles to fly cross country and wondered if baggage is included for award tickets? Also is there anyway to book E+ using miles?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UA Award tickets - baggage included?

The baggage rules for award tickets will be no different from tickets purchased by any other means - the baggage allowed on UA wil vary by route/class of travel etc.

Not sure about E+ using miles.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UA Award tickets - baggage included?

You can use miles for the ticket but have to pay cash for E+ seats

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,209 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UA Award tickets - baggage included?

Not sure this will help or not but when I've booked award travel from my UA account (I'm Million Miler Gold) for my wife, my free baggage privileges carried over to her and she paid no baggage fees. So I'm pretty sure it remains dependent on your status with UA. Here's a link where you can make the determination.

united.com/CMS/…CheckedBaggage.aspx

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UA Award tickets - baggage included?

Just a regular award in economy class? You'd pay for checked bags. Can always confirm with UA, of course, just to be sure. Last two times I used miles, I got first class seats so bags were included. As little as 25k cost to coast.

Edited: 8:21 am, March 06, 2013
5. Re: UA Award tickets - baggage included?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 08, 2014