We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American or Alitalia??

Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
American or Alitalia??

It seems that most airlines have many negatives about them these days. Would you prefer flying American over Alitalia?? They both have a non-stop flight from ORD to FCO.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American or Alitalia??

What class of ticket? Do you have status with either airline? Which has the better arrival/departure time? Yada yada yada....

Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American or Alitalia??

I have 26000 accrued miles with American, likewise, my partner. We have never been on Alitalia. The flight schedules seem to be comparable, as well as the pricing. I have only checked into economy seating.

Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American or Alitalia??

Also, I have read some horrid reviews on Alitalia, but now I am reading many negatives on American too.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American or Alitalia??

Unless you're a member of or have status with a Sky Team alliance member, I'd stick to AA. Just on miles you'd be losing over 9.600 per traveler.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,938 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American or Alitalia??

I agree stick with AA.

Pembroke Pines...
Destination Expert
for Doral
Level Contributor
612 posts
599 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American or Alitalia??

Stick with AA. Alitalia is truly nothing special.

There is no much difference between the two (I flew both within last 3 weeks). As someone above said, at least for sake of miles.

Cheers and Happy Flying!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American or Alitalia??

AA, avoid Alitalia, not a good airline.

8. Re: American or Alitalia??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 07, 2014