We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flights, different airlines??

Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting flights, different airlines??

Hi.

I am due to fly to Trivandum India and booked through a company called Travel up.

Flight plan is…

Birmingham Int- Dusseldorf- Fly Be

Dusseldorf- Dubai- Emirates

Dubai- Trivandrum- Emirates

Couple of questions which im confused about.

Will my bags be transferred between FlyBe & Emirates or will I have to go through security in Dusseldorf again?

Flybe seem to have baggage restrictions and costs the Emirates don’t have so will I still be able to carry the 30kg I can on Emirates.

According to Travel up website, it’s a Emirates flight but obviously they are loaning a seat from Flybe.

Quite confused.

Thank you for any advice.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,689 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

FlyBe have an interline agreement with Emirates so your luggage should be checked through

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Flybe#Partnerships_and_c…

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

<<I am due to fly to Trivandum India and booked through a company called Travel up.>>

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6030400…

<<Will my bags be transferred between FlyBe & Emirates or will I have to go through security in Dusseldorf again? >>

Looks like the former.

buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/2213882-flybe-…

You'll find out for sure when you check in at the FlyBE desk, they will tell you.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

thats quite concerning in regards to TravelUp I just hope i get lucky and there is no problems.

Thanks for advice.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,183 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

Don't Emirates fly direct from Birmingham to Dubai? I guess this route was cheaper.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

Why fly via Dusseldorf? Emirates direct flights from Birmingham to Dubai.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

to be honest yes it was somewhat cheaper.. I have had a Itinerary from Emirates themself and this shows all flights as being confirmed.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

Concerning the luggage allowance, I am wondering... I thought the most significance carrier rule would apply (i.e. EK here). But emirates.com/english/plan_book/baggage/bagga… reads "Learn about the baggage allowances and baggage rules of our interline partners below:" and link to www.flybe.com/flightInfo/baggage.htm... I would seek for a written confirmation from FlyBe on that one...

Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

I finally got my E-ticket reciept yesterday...this confirms that all flights have been booked and confirmed and that 30kg is my standard allowence, even on the flyBe connecting flights.

9. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 07, 2014