We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flights, different airlines??

Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Connecting flights, different airlines??

Hi.

I am due to fly to Trivandum India and booked through a company called Travel up.

Flight plan is…

Birmingham Int- Dusseldorf- Fly Be

Dusseldorf- Dubai- Emirates

Dubai- Trivandrum- Emirates

Couple of questions which im confused about.

Will my bags be transferred between FlyBe & Emirates or will I have to go through security in Dusseldorf again?

Flybe seem to have baggage restrictions and costs the Emirates don’t have so will I still be able to carry the 30kg I can on Emirates.

According to Travel up website, it’s a Emirates flight but obviously they are loaning a seat from Flybe.

Quite confused.

Thank you for any advice.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
30,411 posts
1. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

FlyBe have an interline agreement with Emirates so your luggage should be checked through

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Flybe#Partnerships_and_c…

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
92 reviews
2. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

<<I am due to fly to Trivandum India and booked through a company called Travel up.>>

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k6030400…

<<Will my bags be transferred between FlyBe & Emirates or will I have to go through security in Dusseldorf again? >>

Looks like the former.

buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/2213882-flybe-…

You'll find out for sure when you check in at the FlyBE desk, they will tell you.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

thats quite concerning in regards to TravelUp I just hope i get lucky and there is no problems.

Thanks for advice.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
32,164 posts
79 reviews
4. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

Don't Emirates fly direct from Birmingham to Dubai? I guess this route was cheaper.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

Why fly via Dusseldorf? Emirates direct flights from Birmingham to Dubai.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

to be honest yes it was somewhat cheaper.. I have had a Itinerary from Emirates themself and this shows all flights as being confirmed.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
447 reviews
7. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

Concerning the luggage allowance, I am wondering... I thought the most significance carrier rule would apply (i.e. EK here). But emirates.com/english/plan_book/baggage/bagga… reads "Learn about the baggage allowances and baggage rules of our interline partners below:" and link to www.flybe.com/flightInfo/baggage.htm... I would seek for a written confirmation from FlyBe on that one...

Liverpool
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

I finally got my E-ticket reciept yesterday...this confirms that all flights have been booked and confirmed and that 30kg is my standard allowence, even on the flyBe connecting flights.

9. Re: Connecting flights, different airlines??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 07, 2014