We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair in flight entertaiment

Ayr, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
186 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair in flight entertaiment

I'm going to Rome in April, as part of a church pilgrimage

Does Ryanair have inflight entertaiment?

Note: I didn't have a choice regarding airline. Our priest dealt with it all.

How long is the flight from Prestwick to Rome

Thanks for your help

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

No IFE. Flying time is 2:55.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,694 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

Does Ryanair have inflight entertaiment?

Ha ha, that's the funniest thing I have read in ages.

You can keep yourself occupied by trying to stop your knees being chaffed on the seat in front due to the 29" seat pitch and wondering where you can put the reading material you have as there's no seat pocket whilst thinking how glad you were not painting your front room bright blue and yellow.

Have a great flight and thanks for the laugh ;-)

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

Since you seem to have no experience with Ryanair can I suggest that your read their requirements and restrictions very carefully.

You must check in on-line before going to the airport, and unless your priest has booked hold luggage you will be restricted to one piece (and one piece only) of hand luggage, maximum 10kgs. (You can purchase hold baggage if you need it.)

Do read the above link and look on the left of the page for links to other information that may affect you.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
Level Contributor
13,061 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

This might be an idea for your group: together with the priest You can sing some songs onboard.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

Ryaniar has nothing to entertain you at all, take a book. I always take a bottle of water as well and some snack of some kind. They sell everything and their coffee is not good btw. I do avoid this airline and fly with them very rarely, so check the fine print as another poster has said, they keep raising the bar on baggage/fee's etc, so don't get caught out.

I guess flight time is around 3 or so hours, if it flies ontime, usually does to be fair.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

Ryanair might not have standard inflight entertainment but there is often enough going on at the gate to give you something to chat about when you get on board.

People with the wrong documentation and excess hand luggage going mental at the gates can be very amusing.

I always take my kindle and iPad to keep me amused. But please do not under any circumstances start a sing song.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,801 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

"Does Ryanair have inflight entertaiment?

Ha ha, that's the funniest thing I have read in ages. "

Years ago they actually had portable DVD-players with pre-loaded films that you could rent. They were phased out pretty quickly though so I'm guessing not enough people did.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,216 posts
2,038 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

I once when on a Ryanair flight where the guy behind my seat cracked jokes for the entire length of the journey, I went to the toilet to escape him but alas I could still hear him.

That is the nearest to in flight entertainment in Ryanair.

Level Contributor
3,593 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

They do regular tannoy announcements to inform you of the snack trolley, duty free, electronic cigarettes, scratchcards, etc. I usually find this makes the flight pass quickly!

10. Re: Ryanair in flight entertaiment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, March 03, 2013