We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i am in sri lanka and want to go to india.

2 posts
Save Topic
i am in sri lanka and want to go to india.

i was going to go to SE India thinking its the closest when someone showed me a map on their IPad showing the Andaman islands closer. My main interest is snorkelling. I think now that even though the Andamans are further so would cost more to fly there and back to Colombo the snorkelling would be superior. Neil's island seems to be the place where you can swim from shore to snorkell. What is your opinion? Also is the value of the Indian rupee the same as sri lanka's? is it an expensive place to stay at and would i need to book a reservation?

If you can help me out with any of this i'd be most grateful.

thanks, rose

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i am in sri lanka and want to go to india.

try the Indian Forum, not the air Travel forum

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i am in sri lanka and want to go to india.

Yes, Rose your questions aren't above air travel, they are about the merits of these particular places so please post in the forums for those places.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,391 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i am in sri lanka and want to go to india.

Are you sure there are flights between Sri Lanka and the Andaman Islands belonging to India? As far as I know there are only domestic flights from Indian airports and some flights from the UK.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i am in sri lanka and want to go to india.

Are you sure there are flights between Sri Lanka and the Andaman Islands belonging to India?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No direct flights.