We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to change existing southwest flight

Chicago
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
how to change existing southwest flight

When checking online today I noticed that my same flights are cheaper now- how do I get credit and I also have EB

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,913 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to change existing southwest flight

www.southwest.com

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to change existing southwest flight

Irish provided the website. Go to 'Change Flight' and modify your reservation to the lower fare flight. It couldn't be easier.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to change existing southwest flight

If you change your flight in your situation, you will forfeit your Early Bird Check-in fee; there are no refunds.

Edited: 2:07 pm, February 27, 2013
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
35,752 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to change existing southwest flight

gracie--unless things have changed--when I once changed Southwest flights--my early bird fees traveled to the new flight.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to change existing southwest flight

Yes, this is why I wrote to OP, "in your situation", as OP states they have checked in, I assume he/she is within 24 hours of their flight and will lose this fee. From WN's webpage:

"If an EarlyBird Check-In Customer chooses to change a flight, will the EarlyBird Check-In options transfer to the new flight?

It depends. EarlyBird Check-In is tied to the Customer’s reservation for which the EarlyBird Check-In purchase was made and will be transferred to the Customer’s new flight if he/she changes the flight at least 25 hours prior to the original flight’s scheduled departure time and so long as the change is to a flight that will depart in more than 25 hours. Since EarlyBird Check-In is associated with a reservation, any changes must be made within the same reservation record (same confirmation number) in which the Customer purchased EarlyBird Check-In."

Edited: 4:37 pm, February 27, 2013
6. Re: how to change existing southwest flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 01, 2014