We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

London, United...
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

In November I'm flying from Paris on Air France to Buenos Aires (EZE) and landing at 0915. Then, on the same ticket, was meant to be flying with Aerolineas Argentinas to Ushuaia leaving from AEP at 1320.

AA have just emailed to say that they've changed the flight time to 1100. Given that four hours was already pretty close to the transfer limit given that I have to clear customs and immigration, collect luggage, transfer an hour across the city to AEP and then check in again, two hours is utterly impossible.

From anyone with experience of this airline, what are the chances that in the next nine months things are going to alter again with flight times or even departure airport?

I don't want to make irrevocable decisions now on changing bits if AA are just going to turn around and switch things again, and even if they stuck to the time and changed the airport I'd be more than fine with that, but if from experience once times are changed the new ones stick, I guess I'm going to have to rearrange other legs.

I booked everything through an agent and on one ticket, so will the airlines have to bear the cost of correcting it to times that can be made or am I going to end up stuck paying for their schedule change?

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

Give your agent a call and let them sort it out. If it is as you say, you shouldn't have to pay.

(note that an on-line 3rd party seller is not a travel agent, if that is the way you went, and the abbreviation for Aerolinas Argentinas is AR. American Airlines is AA, but I get what you mean.)

London, United...
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

I did book through an actual agent, not online and have spoken to them and they're trying to sort as best they can.

What I'm hoping for though, and this is info that they don't have, is first-hand views on the likelihood of flight times changing again. If it's high, then I'll hold off on making decisions until nearer the time, if this is it and it's now fixed then I know i need to take action now. Interestingly, while my whole booking shows up on the Air France management page, the flight times are as original, it's only on the AR management page that they're the new changed ones...

(Sorry for the abbreviation, I wasn't trying for the actual airline code, just saving myself the typing!)

Argentina
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

As a native Argentinean, I would say it's highly likely that the flight schedules will change (maybe even more than once) before November.

I would wait until 2 or 3 months before the trip before taking any action.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,049 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

Aerolineas Argentina changed my November 2012 flights the day before my flight home and had delays on my flight out so I would say there is a good chance the times may still move in the next 8 months. That being said, as frustrating and stressful as it was dealing with them, they got me where I needed to be by putting me on other flights and routing me through different airports.

I am not sure if there is a time limit for making changes when the airline alters their schedule so I would check that out. You might need to act now to get the "free" changes. Also, if you are meeting an Antarctic cruise, do you really want to risk flights booking up by not securing a safer ticket now?

I booked my AR tickets through a travel agent as well, but since my issues were day of travel, the agents worked directly with me to resolve everything and get me on my way should you encounter problems when you are in Argentina.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,904 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

"If it's high, then I'll hold off on making decisions until nearer the time"

IMO it's always best to fix the issue as soon as possible. If there are changes at a later date, have your TA deal with them as they occur. That's what you're paying them for.

London, United...
Level Contributor
553 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

Thanks for all the advice - I've changed the international portion of the flights to arrive in Buenos Aires and spend 18hrs there before getting on whatever AR flight I possibly can!

7. Re: Aerolineas Argentinas flight time changes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 03, 2014