We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Darlington
Level Contributor
863 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Hi

We are travelling back from Oz and have a 6hr stop over in KL. I am looking to book a lounge, has anybody any experience of these as to which would be the best one?

Thanks

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

prioritypass.com/Lounges/Kuala-Lumpur-Airpor…

www.klia.com.my/index.php…

Other than the airline lounges this is the only pay one.

Its ok, not any worse than the Service Air lounge in NCL. But it gets you a seat away from the crowds (but does get busy at times) but food/drink is not exceptional.

Geoje, South Korea
Level Contributor
14 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Sitting in the lounge now and it's at least air conditioned and there are several cold drinks to choose from. The food looks ok but I'll probably go out and get a smoothie later. Wifi works very well and I'm just happy to not be sitting out it the heat.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Aside from the shower facilities, I'm not sure what other benefits the pay to use lounge has.

KLIA is such a calm airport & there is free wifi there, so I'm always happy to pick a comfy seat, preferably overlooking the aircraft, and chill out there. Great Malaysian food available (plus delifrance & other western style chains) & there is a good massage place, too. I could quite easily spend 6hrs without a lounge in klia.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
34 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Hi,

I'm also looing at using the Plaza Premium lounges, however, I see that their are 2. One in the Low Cost Carrier Terminal (L.C.C.T) & the other in the Satellite Building. I am in KL for 5 hrs in transit on my way from Sydney to London.

Not sure if I can access both lounges or which one is better to use. Also I see that you have to pay for drinks in the satelitte lounge but not sure if that's the case in the LCCT.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Are you using KLIA or the LCCT for your flights? That would depend on which lounge you can use

Kamloops, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

I will be arriving KLIA at 1:35 AM ( past mid night) and don't want to leave the airport to city until the morning. I wonder whether I can have access to Premium Lounge. I am not sure whether Premium Plaza lounge allows arrival passengers.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Hi, My husband and I arrive in kuala lumpur from australia on 22/10 where we have a 3 hour stop before catching a connecting flight to kutching. We arrive at 0550 and I would like to shower and change. Can I book the plaza lounge as arriving passengers or is it only for departing passengers? This is our first time to Malaysia, so I dont even know where we would have to go to catch our connecting flight. We are flying malaysian airlines. Any advice would be much appreciated

Maree - Australia

Malaysia
Level Contributor
169 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Not too sure if arriving passengers can enter the Plaza Lounge located at the Satellite Terminal. You may call them at 60387872323 or e-mail them at enquiry.pplkl@plaza.network.com for further clarifications.

If you are travelling by Malaysia Air;ines to Kuching, you will be issued a boarding pass from KL to Kuching in addition to the boarding pass from Australia to KL. You need to take the monorail from the Satellite Terminal, where you land to the Main Terminal to clear immigration. The plane departing for Kuching will be at the Main Terminal.

Hope that helps

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,477 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Not one of the best if compare to cathay or SIA but overall presentations were good. Minimalist is the way.

Hope you will enjoy it

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuala Lumpur airport lounges

Ricowilf, if you're arriving at KLIA you can't access the LCCT without clearing customs. They are in completely separate buildings and not really connected.