We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLM Seat Selection

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
7,197 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
KLM Seat Selection

I will be booking a November trip BOS-NBO, DAR-BOS shortly with Delta/KLM. I put my November dates in the Delta website to see how much extra the the Economy Comfort seats would be and I noticed that I could not select seats for the KLM operated segments. I went on the KLM website and did the same thing, but I did not see seat selection as an option at all until online check-in. I could only indicate a preference of aisle or window. Is this how KLM works, or is it because I am trying to book 9 months out? Or, will I be able to use my Delta confirmation number to pick the KLM seats after booking?

Thank you.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KLM Seat Selection

You will need to have a confirmed booking and the locator number to be able to select your seats.

seattle
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: KLM Seat Selection

In January when I booked Delta SEA-AMS-IST for a May 1st departure I could not select seats on the KLM flight AMS-IST until 90 days before departure. Now able to do so.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,594 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KLM Seat Selection

KLM offers a great customer service via Twitter! @KLM is their account.

Now Economy Comfort works slightly differently compared to the other Eco+ classes. One has to first buy a regular economy ticket. Then only buying an upgrade becomes possible. The price will depend on the passengers FlyingBlue tier (Platinum members get it for free, Gold at a discount, ...)

4. Re: KLM Seat Selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 25, 2014