We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checking in

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Checking in

We fly on Friday from Manchester to Denpasar via Amsterdam with klm my question is are there check in desks in Manchester for klm or do we have to do online check in which I hate, also do they have a twilight check in where you can get your boarding cards and get rid of your hold luggage the day before.

I hope someone can help

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Checking in

They do have check in desks and also self serve machines that you can print your own passes and select your own seats.

KLM as far as Im aware dont offer a day before check in.

:-)

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Checking in

We have already booked and paid a lot of money for seats on both flights,but they are not printed on the e ticket which is why we wanted to check in at a desk if there is any problem then there is a person to talk to

Thanks for your help

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Checking in

If you have selected seats they wil be shown on your boarding pass you print from home once online check in opens.

There is an information desk you can ask questions at without queuing at the airport if you have any problems, which Im sure you wont, thousands of passengers a day travel with selected seats and use on line check in daily.

:-)

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Checking in

I'm still so worried that we will be the ones things go wrong for I'm such a worry wart

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Checking in

are not printed on the e ticket which is why we wanted to check in at a desk if there is any problem then there is a person to talk to

-----

And only 2 hours to fix the problem !

Which is why your hatred of online checkin is irrational and dare I say it, stupid.

In contrast check in online 24 hours before, and if there is a problem, now you have nearly a day to fix it, you have access to a telephone without running out of batter, ,to your email or paper trail, to a computer to look up bank record, cit card details, etc.

If you don't like printing out the boarding passes, checkin online, and print the boarding passes at the airport. And at then you know what seats you have selected,and if they are good ones, no one else will pinch them prior to you because you checked in so late, and if they are rubbish you have a day to try and change that, unlike being prevented with a fait accomplit at the airport.

There is no good reason not to check in online. And to reiterate, checkin online does not equal print boarding pass at home (except for Ryanair)

Edited: 4:43 pm, February 22, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Checking in

I agree with joe. Fear of on line check in is very irrational.

On line check in, particularly in this instance, is absolutely your friend. Check in 24 hours before hand from the comfort of your home and you will immediately know what seats you have, you don't have to complete check in, and can pick up the phone, talk to a person and sort it.

Waiting until you get to the airport is silly, by that point, if there is an issue, all the seats will be taken and the odds of fixing it will be low, as it will be a major reshuffle.

Check in on line the moment it opens.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Checking in

Thank you I know I am being silly my husband is going to check in online Thursday

Your advise is appreciated

8. Re: Checking in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 25, 2014