We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LAX connection.

Australia
Level Contributor
139 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
LAX connection.

Hi all,

I will be arriving on a Qantas flight into LAX TBIT at 06:45am.

I then have an Alaska Air flight at 10:20am to Mexico City from (I'm assuming) T6.

I know I will have to collect my bags and then clear immigration and customs. If I have a boarding pass already for my Alaska Air flight, is there a bag drop at TBIT so I dont need to check in again?

I believe the shuttle between terminals goes in the other direction and makes plenty of stops, so is it far to walk if I have my carry on bags only? 15 minutes?

Thanks.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LAX connection.

there is a bag dropoff at TBIT if your bags are checked thru to your destination at your point of departure.

the shuttle heads in the direction of T6 from the arrivals level at TBIT but most times it's quicker (and after 14 hours sitting across the pacific) better to walk. 10 mins at the most.

u have plenty of time.

Edited: 8:41 pm, February 21, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,748 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LAX connection.

Agree, it's not a long walk. You've got loads of time if your flight is not really late.

3. Re: LAX connection.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 23, 2014