We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Online Check-in - Seats all occupied

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Online Check-in - Seats all occupied

I tried to do online check-in one hour after it was made avaliable for my flight but all the aisle seats and most of the window seats were already occupied. How can this be?

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Online Check-in - Seats all occupied

Those who selected seats prior to OLCI and those who checked in in the hour before you will have taken the seats I would guess...................

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Online Check-in - Seats all occupied

Hi

If certain seats are necessary then you have to be online the second OLCI opens you have to be ready.

Jackie

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Online Check-in - Seats all occupied

headline vs content in terms of relevance made me think of my morning newspaper - sensational headline and no content!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,721 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Online Check-in - Seats all occupied

First-come first-served is why. Also, depending on the particular airline's seating policy, others could have reserved seats beforehand due to pre-purchasing of seats and frequent flier status.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Online Check-in - Seats all occupied

I always select my seat when I purchase the ticket...so probably many others have as well..most of the airlines I fly with I don't have to pay for the seat, so I just select. If I do have to pay, I do and select the seat at the same time. Easy - that way I get what I want...even if I don't do an OLCI

6. Re: Online Check-in - Seats all occupied

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 22, 2014