We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

Pinckney, Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

Hello,

I'm a college student and I'm in the process of buying tickets from Dubai to Kenya for a spring break visit. RwandAir was by far the cheapest, so today I set out to buy tickets.

I don't have a credit card, only a debit card. My payment was declined, presumably because I'm paying with a debit card. The customer service rep was largely unhelpful during my 10 minutes on the phone with her, and I'd prefer to not pay to make another international call from the UAE to Rwanda.

The only way around this I can think of is to use a relative's credit card and then pay them back; however, RwandAir's website says that if you buy with a credit card, then you need to physically present that credit card at the airport. I obviously won't have the relative's card in my possession.

Does anyone know how I should go about buying tickets?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,142 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

Most airlines can sometimes ask for the credit card used to purchase tickets to be presented at check in - they don't do it all the time but if they do it and you are unable to produce the card you might be denied boarding.

Might be better to contact the airline direct rather than take that risk.

http://www.rwandair.com/about/contact-us.html

Kigali
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

The airline requires the following if the card used for payment doesn't belong to the passenger;

"If the owner of the card is not travelling, they must give an ink signed authorization letter for the card to be used. This letter must have the express approval to purchase the ticket, Origin & Destination, Amount paid , first and last four digits of the credit card, Full contacts of the credit card holder as well as a photocopy of his Passport or ID."

Kigali, Rwanda
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

Thank you all for the wonderful replies.

I wouldn't have said it better myself. I'm the Senior Manager for Marketing at RwandAir and would be glad to help on this matter. you can reach me at robert.nsinga@rwandair.com

Entebbe, Uganda
Level Contributor
9 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

Hi Robert,

We just booked 2 tickets from Mombasa to Dubai, departing 26 April from Mombasa and returning 3 May from Dubai. We booked under my name Gila Svirsky.

We are a little nervous because we were unable to find this same flight on the Rwandair site itself. We booked on the Vayama site.

Can you assure us that there are direct flights from MBA to Dubai on these dates, not by way of Kigali?

Also, can you tell us where to find the baggage allowance? Could not find on the RwandAir site.

Many thanks,

Gila

Pinckney, Michigan
Level Contributor
13 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

I just got back from my trip to Mombasa from Dubai - I too was a little worried about the flight not being listed on the RwandAir website, but we took the direct flight from Dubai/Mombasa and Mombasa/Dubai with no layovers in Kigali or anything.

I'm not sure about the baggage allowance - you might have to call the airline itself or email that fellow ^ up there. I was able to check a small bag free of charge, though.

Enjoy your visit to Dubai!

Entebbe, Uganda
Level Contributor
9 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

Thanks so much, Michelle, for your helpful response!

7. Re: RwandAir Ticket Purchasing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 15, 2014