We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
21 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

My wife and I flew Delta on Feb 4 JFK-TLV and then back on Feb 13. Since it was such a long flight we "upgraded" to Economy Comfort for $119 each per segment. Was it worth it?

#1 - the seat does recline more and you have some more leg room - worth it because it was a very long flight otherwise no.

#2 - the with of the seat on the B747-400 is the same as in regular coach and it is very tight, so Economy comfort does not makes any difference in that respect

#3 - service - not worth it. Delta advertises that they will provide extra service i.e. free drinks, that did not happen. The service was awful!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

Thanks for your review, good for people trying to decide to upgrade or not, I would also post your experience on the airlinequality wbesite:

www.airlinequality.com

atlanta
Level Contributor
3,911 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

I would complain to Delta on the drinks. They need to know the crew blew it

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
10,983 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

The FA's don't circulate in EC like they do in business/first class, but if you need or want another drink you can just ring the call button. At first I was a little hesitant to bother them with that sort of request, but a friend assured me she does it all the time and when I tried it the FA didn't bat an eye.

My only issue with EC is that the benefits vary depending on the length of the flight. On a recent trip to MEX, we had no free drinks and no extra recline. All our money bought us was a little leg room. Our FA admitted that it was the source of a lot of confusion, and that several passengers had registered disappointment at being expected to pay for drinks.

New York
Level Contributor
831 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

I was trying to book with delta and some of the flights seem to be just for economy comfort...no reason for me to pay extra, so is there a way to get it cheaper with out EC?

Montreal
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

We booked DL to fly from JNB to ATL next April. After reading all the web reviews about economy comfort I think we will take a pass on this one. Now we totally regret not booking KLM from JNB to AMS with free stopover to rest. Delta wants like $300 to change. NEVER again

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,362 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

"Delta wants like $300 to change. NEVER again"

Never again what, book a non refundable non changable ticket then complain because it is $300 to actually change it?

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

You are canceling your Delta booking because you read bad reviews about the EC seats? If you put that much value in what reviews say, why didnt you read them before you booked?

8. Re: Delta Airlines Economy Comfort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 26, 2014