We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Monarch premium

Cardiff, United...
4 posts
Monarch premium

Read a few bad reports concerning premium up grade with monarch.Flying to Goa in March thinking of up grading. What's the verdict

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
29,570 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: Monarch premium

You'd probably be better asking on the Goa forum, as you will get plenty of opinions on there.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
165 reviews
2. Re: Monarch premium

I flew with Monarch to Rhodes in Greece last year and was very glad I'd paid the small extra amount for premium seats. The seating was still pretty cramped, but the bit of extra legroom was very welcome. The premium section was surprisingly large - about 10 or 12 rows - which suggests it's a popular choice. Goa is a considerably longer flight, so I would think it would be well worthwhile upgrading.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Monarch premium

Lizzie - I think your confusing extra leg room rows and premium service. Two very different things.

You only get premium on longhaul flights not European flights to Greece.

If its a decent price I would book it, extra leg room extra recline for a snooze and a free bar and 25 kg of luggage make it quite an attractive package if the price is sensible. Make a long flight that bit more comfortable.

:-)

Edited: 11:00 am, February 14, 2013
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
29,570 posts
54 reviews
4. Re: Monarch premium

The Monarch A330 premium cabin is 34" seat pitch, so hardly cramped. It may be different in the extra legions rows at the front of their narrow bodied aircraft. I've never flown Longhaul with Monarch but have flown on both the A330 and A300 in the 'premium' seats, but obviously never experienced their premium service.

seatplans.com/airlines/…A330-200-17

Lots of Goan posters use Monarch premium servce, so I really would ask them.

5. Re: Monarch premium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 16, 2014