We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egyptair

Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Egyptair

Hi I wanting to book a flight from India to London via Cairo with Egypt air,can anyone help me and tell me if they are safe to fly with ect??

Thankyou

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egyptair

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/egypt.htm

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egyptair

Safe they are. Since MS joined Star Alliance, it improved massively. Fleet is now on average less than 10 years old (www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/Egyptair.htm). And CAI airport followed the same path. So don't expect a 5 stars airline, but fly with confidence on MS.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egyptair

They're perfectly safe. I lived in Cairo for a while and used to fly back and forth to London with them quite often (they were usually a bit cheaper than BA) and I also took plenty of internal flights with them from Cairo to Sharm, Hurghada, Luxor and Aswan and back, all without any problems at all. You'll see the occasional passenger praying in their seat and from time to time passengers would applaud the captain on landing, but that was rare and a reflection of local custom rather than safety record.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egyptair

We went to South africa with them and didn't have a problem but the entertainment is the drop down screens in the cabin and it's a dry airline so no wine with dinner.

5. Re: Egyptair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 13, 2014