We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Scoot review.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Another Scoot review.

Flew OOL-SIN-BKK, and return SIN-OOL. Promo pricing $150/$200, couldn't be beaten.

Check in opened flights 10-15 minutes late. Being early beat any long queue. Departures on or near time. Outward flight the seat most uncomfortable ever. The meal was ok, tasted better than first looked. Had purchased Scoot-thru for SIN. Ground staff at arrival gate and were told same, but reasons best known to themselves directed me thru immigration to re check in.

Return flight I would have had an empty seat next to me, and it didn't feel as uncomfortable as the first flight, but I opted to take the onboard upgrade to ScootBiz for SG$129. The stahh ummed and aghed about this as though I might he the first to have to ever took the offer. Eventually I got mu Biz seat. Worth it? Not really. A meal I didn't need middle of night from the 'new' menu. Still tasted ordinary. One free drink. And a seat that reclined a bit more.

Overall impression. For the price I might again. But Air Asia do similar deals to KL. That very uncomfortable seat. And the SIN ground staff not offering to fix (refund) for the Scoot-thru stuff up. Food inferior to Air Asia. Weighing it all up, and. ........

I am flying in July, Air Asia I am coming back to you.

australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Scoot review.

A couple more observations. Several seat positions in every row have srat mounting, plus framework directly in front of where passenger would normally stretch leg. I don't notice this when fly Jetstar or Air Asia. The continual play on words, scootin thru, scootin out of here might get a smile first couple of times but soon got tedious, and all staff from the captain down insisted on doing it (company directive I guess).

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Scoot review.

In regards to Scoot-Thru, it is a shame you did not read your booking correctly.

Thousands of other passengers managed to not exit to landside. Thousands of passengers read the booking which says quite clearly to go to transfer desk E and where it clearly says do not exit airside area.

australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Scoot review.

It is a shame. However as Scoot ground crew ( who spoke perfect English) asked me ( and others) coming off the flight if we had Scoot-thru, and to which I sais yes, offering my paperwork which showed same, I felt after questioning them once when they still told me to clear customs and go to counter 4, that I was in their game territory, and not ever previously doing a transfer (always stop overs at intermediate points) I should follow their instructions.

Wasn't a big deal really. Come back inside, saw the long queue at the transfer and figured it hadn't been a great time loss. More annoying the check in staff not interested in my complaint/refund request - you need to write to us. Seriously they were so average, whilst I won't say never (if the price was right) but I am doubtful I will use them again, and I read elsewhere they only issue credits (and thus unlikely to use), not refunds, I can't be bothered about $13.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,776 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Scoot review.

So dev I'm curious to know what happened to your luggage?

If you had paid to transfer rather than go back and forth through immigration your luggage should have also been transfered to the second plane.

So did you have luggage and if so did your luggage manage to get transferred or was it waiting for you to collect and recheck?

australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Scoot review.

No luggage.

Actually Scoot thru option was new since I originally booked flights. To just save going through immigration in SG I probably wouldn't have added it. Except that weekend before my first flight was when Scoot had the major delays issue (faulty emergency exit/offload some passengers) so guess I brought as an extra insurance if a quicker than scheduled connection time. Happy to report all 3 flights on time.

re baggage, at least one passenger boarding ahead of me on return flight had been picked out and told his (very obvious) oversize 'hand' baagage backpack had to be handed in at boarding for carrying underneath. Saw quite a few others struggling getting items in/out of the overheads. A rule is a rule, and should apply to all. Would be good to see Scoot (and all) weigh everyones bags.

Edited: 11:14 pm, February 08, 2013
6. Re: Another Scoot review.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 22, 2014