We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates or Qantas

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates or Qantas

On a flight back from Hong Kong, being booked through emirates.com, I have the choice of flying the DXB to LHR leg on either Emirates or Qantas.

Both flights are on an A380, the price difference is negligable and the layover at DXB, and landing times at LHR are within 30 minutes of each other.

Which would you suggest is the better option, and why

Huizen, The...
Level Contributor
344 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Emirates or Qantas

Ah a few cat lovers on this post :-)

Bronia: Yes you are right about the 2 seating on the 777, I have managed to book them again, right after the row of 3. Perfect... best seats on economy I think.

But of course it is about the A380 here... :-)

To get row 80 window seat I would opt for Qantas BUT I do love Emirates for every other reason.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Emirates or Qantas

Anybody considering flying with Qantas, might wish to consider the fact that they charge AUD25 for a pre-assigned standard seat.rising to AUD180 if you wish to pre-book an exit row.

Qantas say that they have not yet decided what will happen in the case of a code share flight

Edited: 1:47 am, February 17, 2013
13. Re: Emirates or Qantas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 19, 2014